Agnostic.com

10 10

QUESTION Stephen Hawking: God DID NOT create the Universe, and God does not exist

Finally! Here you have it, Hawking needs no god.

WizardBill 7 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He died today

Gotta love a smart guy saying smart things we can all understand

Again, when a physicist asserts God, they are referring to the caretaker god, If one wishes to call the big bang the act of pure energy or god then that is good.
Most people see god as a caretaker whereby they can ask for a new toy and then when it comes it was god who did it.

EMC2 Level 8 Feb 8, 2018

I guess being an agnostic, I am unwelcome on a sight called agnostic.com...

Fair point. @WizardBill

Actually, cosmologists have known this for sometime. And I agree with it. It is interesting to me that the Catholic church (which puts on a facade of accepting science and scientific inquire these days) discourages exploration in these topics.

Stephen Hawking never said that, EXTRACT ....universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason – for then we would know the mind of God.” get your facts right please,

I admire and respect Hawking's scientific achievements and his insights on scientific matters, but I don't think he has anymore knowledge or information on god that me or anyone else, although his opinion is interesting. (IMHO)

You make a very valid point, but i think that this is a miss quote,

I agree. I admire Hawking and his scientific mind yet I don't consider him "the smartest person alive on the planet" either. Further, even if he were, it doesn't give him any particular insight into the problem. No more than any other cosmologist anyway.

Of course not

I prefer...I don't know.

Sounds good to me...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21931
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.