Agnostic.com

14 13

Nothing like hot bread right out of the oven.

Whole wheat yogurt bread. It rose beautifully.

Made with plain Greek yogurt, this bread has a slightly sourdough taste. Delicious!

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You just have to give people enough warning that they can get to your place for a sample. So please next time give us enough time to get there, we will find your place because we will be able to smell our way to your creations.

Um.... Yum....MMMmmmmm... Repeat!

Gorgeous. I can smell it from here! With homemade butter?

Sounds good

Damn, you wear me out just watching 😉

Varn Level 8 Nov 10, 2018

Wonderful! As a kid, my mom baked a lot, but two breads stand out in my memory: banana bread with chopped walnuts; and challa, a type of braided egg bread that made it's appearance each year around the Spring Equinox. Best thing about the challa was ripping off pieces by hand while it was still hot, and melting butter on it before popping it into our mouths. She always had to bake two loaves, as the first one didn't last long!

As you can see, I didn't quite get the slash straight in the left loaf.

Zip...Zip...Zip! with a wet serrated knife. Looks like a drunken knight did it.

The instructions:

"If the dough rises nicely, slashing the loaves is very pretty. We like to make one long, vertical cut, about 3/4-inch deep, in Yogurt Bread."

"The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book- A Guide to Whole-Grain Breadmaking."

MMMMMMM Bread good........ Frankenstein's monster in the "Bride of Frankenstein". I love a good quote.

I am on my way.

That's a fact!

Beautiful loaves

Is that what the kids are calling it now?

Ooooooooooooo, those are beautiful loaves of bread!! A crusty end with real butter and homemade strawberry jam, please!!!

@sewchick57

"I get the end!" daughter Claire called as I took bread out of the oven. "Darn it, I wanted it!" I replied jokingly.

You can almost smell them....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:219462
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.