Agnostic.com

11 0

How real does the 7 year itch, figure in you life ?

It is claimed the 7 year itch actually exists with divorces, or dalliances come in close to 7 year intervals. Have you noticed that in you marriage, or relationships ?

Biagnostic 5 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe it is called ‘Pon Far’ on Vulcan.

Once I start scratching at age 10 I haven't stop.

Not really, I have ditched relationships if they became abusive but have been with my partner for 25 years

I get it every 7 months. I think it’s affected by inflation. James

Leon Level 5 Feb 8, 2018

I do not see it as inherently true. It only exists in terms of a presumption that monogamy is the normal, correct way of being a bonding primate. If monogamy was not presumed as the standard, What frequency, duration and quantity of relationships might occur? Seven has been a popular "magic", preferred number for such crystallizations of folk wit for a very long time.

no not at all. I don't see how it can be generalised as 7 years.

Boy I sure have it. I'd been living in paradise..southern Thailand, for seven years and loved it here, when I suddenly missed my daughter and wanted to return to KY, although when I lived in KY, I thought it cold and bleak most of the year.

Not on my life.

Well, I was married in 2010, the subject of divorce was first broached in 2017 (seperated, but still have to file paperwork). Correlation does not equal causation, though.

I have noticed a cycle of about 7 years but it is in everything else, from work to play to hobbies, even to preferred foods. Its almost like my brain has a complete rewiring.

Nope, I was married for over 25 years. I had one long term relationship after that lasted 4ish years. I've moved 23 times in my life, and after a few years in a place I begin thinking of maybe it is time to move, then I take a nap and that feeling passes. So, no 7 year itch for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21995
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.