Agnostic.com

57 4

Did you have trouble accepting your lack of belief in religion when you realized you were atheist/agnostic?

I think I was even more relieved at the most tbh and didn’t care to admit to myself I didn’t believe this anymore.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments (51 - 57)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not for a minute.

No. I have trouble accepting my religious friends though. It is fucking hard

I was very young when I came to the conclusion that there was no god, and that religion had no place in my life. I had not yet formed any idea that I had been "religious", so accepting being an atheist was rather easy!

I tried to make myself believe for twenty years because my family believed. I struggled with being a failed theist for another ten. When I became an open atheist I finally felt free.

no. no troul0le at all

I'm 2 days post . I have what I identify as a sort of emotional hole left, however its just kinda there. I'm not exactly concerned about it. Its actually a relief almost "irrigating an infected wound." I think my struggle was more so hating myself for being so smart and "self-inflicting" utterly ridiculous drivel.

No, for me it was a long process from the doubt of my leader, to doubt the institution, to doubt the accuracy of scriptures, then the religion itself.
In the middle, moving around and loosing the emotional reinforcement of the cults and community.
In the end was very natural when I realized that I was atheist.
And even going steps ahead as Agnostig or Ignostic, where the concept of god becomes irrelevant or even a concept that can't be discussed because there is no good definition for it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:221386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.