Agnostic.com

3 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel like this is an opinion on CNN. I have not had the experience of CNN selling me on war. I can take CNN, much better than I can stomach FOX! All the tv stations have added more emotional expression to reporting, which I am not a fan of!

IMO Fox, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and CNN are businesses that sell advertising to multinational corporations; thus, they are beholding and will rarely report things advertiser adverse. If they do not sell war, then they don't have advertisers who produce munitions; however, they must be selling something else. Follow the money.

There are a few news outlets that do not take money for advertising, or that are not beholding to multi-national corporations. They may post videos on youtube or post stories on an internet server. Moreover, our rivals run news organizations, for example Al Jazeera and RT, which give news with a different bias. Watching these sources can give a more realistic viewpoint, but it's best not to trust a single news organization.

I like Mark Twain's advice.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

@EdEarl since I don’t have tv, I read all my news and it possibly can come from one or all of the above mentioned media outlets!

@Freedompath You are well informed, and difficult to deceive. IMO

@EdEarl hopefully!

Oh hell ues..

you can lead a traveler to a corporate-sponsored video but you can't make him watch.

g

Some "inquiring minds" will watch, just as some thirsty horses will drink.

@EdEarl that's not forcing. yes it's icky that it's even there. it's still not forcing.

g

@genessa That's true. However, the saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink," does not imply IMO that the person had any intention of forcing the horse to drink. It implies that you have wasted your time leading the horse to water. Moreover, the statement, "You are FORCED to watch...," doesn't mean someone will literally force you to watch corporate content, it merely means there is no other content to watch. It's your choice to watch corporate content, or not.

@EdEarl correct. and i said it was icky. i don't even watch stuff most people find UNicky. that's me, though.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:221662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.