Agnostic.com

14 5

Levels for this site

What the hell are these "levels " and how do you make progress? I feel like an infant navigating this website ?

XXKT16XX 4 Nov 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks everyone.

Levels really don't mean much. You get to higher livels by actively participating on the site. To see hwo to earn points to advance levels, go to your profile and scroll down to where it shows your level and points you earned (on right). Click on the points you have accumilated and it takes you to a page that shows how many points you earned going what, and what yu can do to earn more points.

The only times levels really matter is whe nyou at the lowest levels, you need to get your posts approved by someone at higher levels. Thsi discourages bots, spammers trolls and haters from gettign any goothold on the site.

Also, when you reach level 8, in the notification there will be a link where you can get a free Agnotics.com T-shirt. That is assuming they are still doing it when you reach that level.

Other than the stuff above, the levels don't really matter all that much.

Keep liking and responding to posts. If you create a group you can earn points. Tapping the up arrow on tags will also earn you some points. I see 5 tags I'm going to tap on, 5 points for me.

Ihave been on the site a year now. I post a lot, own 5 groups and am very active. Met my significant other Dan here and we moved in together 4 months ago. Before that I had multiple scammers like regular dating sites. We have created the Levls to keep the scammers out. Very good reason. You get points for joining groups, posting and participating in chats. Welome to the community.

I believe the site took the concept of leveling like you do in a computer game and applied it to the site. I think it's a pretty good idea.

I think previous posters have explained. The key is to post often and be involved.

Essentially it helps keeps the trolls and scammers away as they don’t have the patience to mess around with the levels. The higher the level you achieve, the more powers you have within the site.
Welcome, get involved and have fun

It takes awhile to get the hang of it. I'm about to make it to level 5, but the 1st few are needed to begin really getting something out of the site.

Also pay attention to how many points you need for each level, and what various activities earn you in points.

Hang around, be active, and you'll move up in no time. ??

I feel like I've been at 5.7 for years! LOL

It's the dumbest feature of this place.

I presume it was designed to keep new members sphere of influence low til you show yourself to be a decent user. Cuts down on the worst of trolls n spammers, limiting how n where they can bother anyone in the beginning. I think its pretty effective. I don't know any other online communities this well behaved, pretty remarkable how few flame wars and people sellin shit comments you see compared to everywhere else.

this is the only site I am aware of where I do not have to deal with perverted males and trolls. Whatever they are doing here...I appreciate it very much

@Wurlitzer That's one thing I like about this site. Most of us can have debates or arguments without getting ugly and nasty with each other. Sure, there are few that like to stir the pot (most of us know who they are) and are rude and mean but, the rest of us act like adults and are well behaved.

Just stick your nose into everything and you will slowly work your way up ?

To learn about levels:

1. Hover your mouse over the "Learn" tab at the top of this page.

2. Click on FAQ (frequently asked questions).

3. In the middle of the page, look for "How are the levels determined?"

4. In that paragraph, click on the blue link, "Level page."

Voila!

Yeah, all the noobs ask this question. I did. But now that I am at level 7, i know the journey was worth every keystroke.

It happens pretty quickly if you interact with people, (like posts, comment on posts, make new topics, etc etc)..
It's really not a big deal, join some groups and have fun..

You get points for being involved, making posts and commenting on posts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:223187
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.