Agnostic.com

6 1

What important historical figures likely never existed?

The Shakespeare didn't exist theory is pretty entertaining.

Ghengis Khan

many ottoman empire, roman empire and renaissance figures

Christopher Columbus

Ned Ludd, founder of the Luddites

Jesus

GuitarDoctor 7 Nov 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Moses.

I'm pretty convinced that Jesus as a man never really existed, but is a combination of previous mythical figures put into the new testament, as a way to jump start a new religion and gain followers familiar with mythic figureheads of religious teachings, in order to control the people.

Even if there was a man who fit the description of Jesus, the biblical description of his birth shows he would have been born in the spring, not during the winter solstice week or saturnalia. You can change the birthdate of a fictional character, but not a real person.

William the Fictional

I'm hoping to wake up from this nightmare and discover that the Fake President never existed. Then I'd turn on the TV to hear Hillary speaking from the White House. Will someone pinch me, please?

Wouldn't that just be absolutely wonderful?

God

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:223895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.