Agnostic.com

7 2

LINK Get off social media after a half hour and you might be happier - CNET

A new study recommends limiting your time on social media to around 30 minutes a day.

ballou 8 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I may want to be happy, I may want to be miserable any given day..... it doesn't matter.
What I really want is to have the freedom to make that choice by myself and do whatever the hell I want to do.

I was bored at work today so... ?

It's just not that simple. Oh, well, I'm only on social media for half an hour, all my problems are solved!

I'm sick of these 'happiness' band-aid solutions.

well, that's a one-size-fits-all conclusion, isn't it? do they care which social medium? do they care which person and whether that person is disabled and unable to do things that others can do, but finds comfort, activity and some kind of normalcy online? that's not an unusual situation; a lot of disabled people rely on the internet, including social media. (i understand that there is a huge deaf community, for one example). in addition, some fascinating conversations, be they one-on-one or in a group, simply take longer than half an hour. and how is that length of time calculated anyway? it seems pretty arbitrary.

g

The deaf community makes sense. I'm hard of hearing and vastly prefer text to things I have to strain to hear.

@memorylikeasieve indeed. my guy is severely hearing impaired but he is also typing impaired and internet idiotic. i am trying to get him involved so he can open up his world a bit.

g

I agree. If I am on the computer all day for work the social media crap takes over the day!

I have been spending way too much time on social media.

I can believe it!

It can be such a big time waster!

@balou it really can. I usually stay logged in but I'm not always on. A lot of times when I check back in this been so many posts I have to go back and see what I missed

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:224499
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.