Agnostic.com

22 5

What type of animals do you prefer as a pet?

I have had a lot of different species of pets over the year fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, cats, horses and dogs. Of them all I prefer dogs as they are the one pet I fine interacts with me the most, not to mention that they are essential to the handling of my cattle. My cows are not my pets as it is too, emotionally traumatizing to befriend your food. What if any pets do you have and why.

• 29 votes
  • 23 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 3 votes
HeathenFarmer 8 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have dogs, cats, chickens, tortoises, goats, peafowl, geese, ducks, quail, pigeons, doves, finches, conures, canaries, cockatoos, turkeys, keets, cockatiels, fish, and rabbits. I have had reptiles, amphibians, rodents, and insects and spiders ( insects and spiders not my favorite, just a curiosity). I am a foster parent for pug rescue, and I have many rescue animals.

I have one dog and one horse. I like my dog best. My horse is somewhat stuck up and snobbish, but I enjoy riding her.Beware of talking snakes!

Dogs, always had a dog since I was a kid. Gotta love 'em, they're always so happy to see you. 🙂

have a service dog, he is me 24/7. even likes to take me into my favorite shops when I do not want to go!

mzee Level 7 Oct 26, 2017

That is hysterical and awesome all at once.

My cousin had a service dog a border collie when she passed and he was with her husband he used to take him into the women washrooms instead of the men's and would block him from going into the men's.

Cats, because they're ass holes...

I totally understand that comment, however, I have a border collie that rivals cats in that characteristic only much more calculating.

I love all animals. I mean it. Presently I have cats (only 2), and chickens. Have always had cats in varied numbers. Not so long ago, two tarantulas. In my past snakes, dogs, rats, hamsters, an opossum, squirrels, and assorted other wild species that I rehabilitated. All good !

Others - only because it was a toss up between cats/dogs.

Cats forever win my heart <3 but I do love dogs too.
Victoria has described cats perfectly here. One thing I want to add is that every cat has their own distinctive personality. Funny thing is, though I've loved cats all my life, the older I am, the more I'm like a dog in my daily life (in that I try to please people and be friendly to everyone I meet). And my cat? She makes it very clear who she likes and dislikes. Luckily, I'm well-loved by her <3 🙂

I love animals of all sorts. Currently, I have three dogs, two cats (I kind of inherited) and three birds. I also put out food and water each night for some feral cats and possums that hang around. But, if I had to have only one pet, it would be a dog.

Companionship.

I prefer a cat only because they display a certain degree of independence. As Rudyard Kipling quoted in one of his yarns, the cat who walks by himself.

I trained a cat to sit, roll over, stay, come when called(every time), fetch, flop and sit pretty: when I was done training Nosebag, I realized I needed a dog.

I love their affectionate independence!

Oh, yes.

We have two cats in our house. When I lay on my bed and read a book they liek to come and lay on top of me or right next to me.

Definitely Baptists. It’s easy! Just supply a bible and a steady diet of biscuits and gravy.

Would have checked cats AND snakes, but was limited to one. I have three cats, five snakes, one hedge hog, and several fish. I greatly enjoy them all.

Zster Level 8 Nov 4, 2017

Guinea pigs! Underrated, misunderstood and so full of love. Also, sadly, not a lot of vets around to truly help them get better when they get sick. I love my kitty as well. I grew up with both critters.

Aruu Level 3 Oct 31, 2017

I have heard guinea pigs are tasty too.

Damn! Talking snakes only has three votes.

I love dogs and have only lived without a dog for maybe three years of my entire life.

Goat Level 5 Jan 23, 2018

I have 2 birds... lol

I'm now a dog person, and a hardened doberman person at that, absolutely ruined on them.
I couldn't have cats as my daughter and late husband are and were severely allergic.
Couldn't have a cat anyway now as our dogs aren't cat savvy ...
I also love chickens, goats and mooshy horses.

I equally love cats and dogs...

I prefer affectionate cats. I like both cats and dogs, but cats tend to take less care and I don't have so much time these days.

I feel Cats embody what I am as a human, metrosexual

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2246
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.