Agnostic.com

7 4

Is it always about the fight?

I used to be a fighter. But as I've become older, I feel that it's caused me to miss out on a lot of just good fun. I don't want my daughter to think that it is her (and a few friends) against the world. I can enjoy my life without, vote and support the things I believe in, but not allow it to consume my life.

Anyone else just want to live?

noelhx 3 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yes but things as they are won't let us just live, and it won't let people at risk (actually that's us, too) just live. how can i just live with children are incarcerated and a madman, supported by madmen, is running the country (into the ground). show your daughter how many people are in the fight, that it's NOT just you and her and a few friends.

g

Fight (competition) is essential but the definitions have to be correct.

Too many people these days include the opposition In their worldview. 'It's not enough to win, the other side must lose.'

Destruction should never be a goal.

There's always a fight to be had.
Life is a struggle. Always has been, always will be.
Embrace that and engage, or don't.
The choice is yours.

It is always about the fight as much or as little as you want it to be.

There is a time to fight for things, another to relax and let things happen.

This is one of my most used expressions: I just want live. I don't have time for struggles and bitterness, and when I sense I'm dealing with one of those people that always have be right and want pick a fight - I'll often concede or dismiss myself. I'm okay with being the wronged party and keeping my stream of good vibes going. Every now and then I'll rise the occasion set the matter straight, but I don't live argue, and I'm not about waste time fighting or being in a prolonged grudge match with the people I love. Life can have so much offer, learn from, experience and enjoy - that's what I live for!

I reckon you (hopefully) get better at picking your battles as you age.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:224785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.