Agnostic.com

30 6

Living alone

How many people live alone and don't mind it
I'm so used to it now it's actually scary to think how I would cope if I ever lived with someone again

wavey48 4 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I totally love living by myself. I don't even have a cat.

Well, I will never live again with a person...I am too free and independent to be subject to another person's ways.

Me! Me!

I did it for a couple of years after my previous wife's death, and before remarrying. I think one could get used to it, in fact, the older I get, the more I can see it. In my general experience, the older we get, the more we tend to know ourselves and have clear (some would say, fixed) ideas about what we want from life and how we want to go about it. If I found myself not in a relationship again I think I'd actually walk to the clearing at the end of the path alone. Finding, getting to know, wooing and winning someone, figuring out how to navigate through and around all their hang ups, hot buttons and preconceptions, all for a rather uncertain outcome that nearly always involves more misunderstanding / drama and less sex than expected ... I think I'm getting too old for that shit.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22868
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.