Agnostic.com

5 1

Christmas

I am without my people this Christmas, the first time in a long time that’s been the case.

What do you do on Christmas Day? I’m sentimental about the activities regardless of being an atheist, so I’d prefer to spend it in the spirit of the holiday (giving, love, fellow mankind etc) even if I’m not participating in any religious celebrations.

mdinsmore 5 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Regardless of belief there are things one can do without being alone. Donate time to helping others (food kitchens, homeless shelters, old age centers, etc). Bring presents to orphaned children. Ask a homeless person to dinner. Enjoy dinner with friends even if you don't pray or sing Christmas carols. Go to a Jewish synagogue or Moslem temple and see what they do during this time. Or go to a movie.

My daughters spend it with their mother (long story) so I head for my brother's place and spend it with him, his missus and his two daughters (my nieces) Have done for about 6 years now and an excellent few days it is 🙂

you might think about volunteering at a community dinner or homeless shelter.. or invite someone over who is also alone ...

Drink like hell and eat like a maniac. What else there is to it?

This year my kid is with his dad for Christmas. I scheduled myself to work 2nd shift, and plan on sleeping in on the day. Maybe I'll drink too much the night before. But, not doing any of the normal holiday stuff on the day.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:229207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.