Agnostic.com

9 2

Faux News VP believes being white is more important than being right; he slams the U.S. Olympic team for being "too diverse!" This, despite the fact that racial minorities and openly gay participants actually UNDER-represent their respective demographics. ...I blame religious bigotry, at least in the case of the anti-lgbt sentiments.
[lgbtqnation.com]

MikeInBatonRouge 8 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds just like Rush Limbaugh.

Hitler felt the same......

We're just in a period of history where politicians have encouraged and emboldened racists and homophobes, so they are all coming out of the woodwork to spout their garbage. This always happens when desperate politicians use petty bigotry and nationalism to gain power and often happens in response to a recession/depression. I'm sickened by their bigotry but I think ordinary people need to just be more vocal and push back until we can elect leaders who encourage a more tolerant society and bigots crawl back under their rocks.

I am saddened by the extraordinarily large number of "ordinary people" who are hateful bigots. I guess bigotry is inviting when we feel threatened and insecure about differences. Somehow we have to counteract that fear.

@MikeInBatonRouge Yeah, same. I have come to the realisation that a lot of ordinary people hold minor racist views but in a society tolerant of minorities they keep their views in check because they feel guilty and they know they are wrong. But if they think that it's OK to be racist because they have the support of leaders then they get emboldened and they say what they want. They're cowardly bullies basically but they aren't the Nazi flag waving, skinhead type racist - they're your average "look whose moved in next door" kind of racist.

As one comedian said - "You know it's bad when racists feel like they don't have to prefix what they say with 'I'm not racist BUT ...'"

Should the Olympic team be formed by the best athletes or by their representation according to demographics? Sounds like someone is trying to distort an oxymoron.

Fox News and all their leaders have little honor, but a blatant disregard for truth and civility.

These smug dominionists need to be voted out. They threaten Democracy.

Fox News said today that this editorial didn't reflect their views or values. They took it down.

More people have died from belief in a religion than anything else. Yet they never learn. Guess natural selection doesn't work fast enough. Religion will probably be the demise of this country.

Fox News is Faux News and nothing but propaganda.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22988
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.