Agnostic.com

4 0

POLL Why are women more inclined toward religious belief?

Repeated polls have revealed the women are statistically more likely to engage in religious behavior than men. In the United States, for example, women are more likely than men to say religion is “very important” in their lives (60% vs. 47%)

Although sociologists have presented several theories as to why this is the case, there is no overall consensus.

Do you ascribe this statistical discrepancy more toward biological or environmental factors (nature/nurture)? What do you think is the cause of this gender gap?

• 1 vote
  • 6 votes
Diogenes1972 6 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ladies, please correct me if I'm wrong. I also apologize if this sounds sexist, not my intention at all. But are women more inclined (either by nature or nurture) and encouraged to be conformist?

Buxx Level 7 Nov 24, 2018

Give me the actual polling site cause i don't believe that shit I'm a woman and I'm a non believer

I did; it's the link in the title. Just touch/click on the title and you'll have access to a multiple page analysis of a poll conducted by a repudiable company. If you are sceptical of their methods, there are multiple other similar polls available with minimal research.

because women are controlled by men and men use religion to control them. it is not nature.

g

Girls are raised, generally, with a strong emphasis on following the rules & being "good" much more so than boys are.

Carin Level 8 Nov 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:229894
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.