Agnostic.com

42 9

Legalize it?

What are your thoughts about the legalization of marijuana? Do you think it should be okay for me to smoke this shit for medicinal reasons? Recreational? Depending on your answer to this question I may come visit you in my Class B Valentine!

Dida 7 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When something is made illegal , there is always a black market for it . Unless they are profiting from it , or just don't know , they want it to remain illegal . I've smoked it , run it , & dealt it by the handfuls in the early 90's . There is such a thing as too much of a good thing , & you can do too much of it though , like anything else . The closest place from here where it's legal is D.C. , & that's 5 hours away . I could make it there & back in a day , but I can't find anyone that wants to go splitters on gas . I'm smoke free now , but I wonder what one of those eatable ice cream bars would be like , or one of those space-cakes . . . ?

Dougy Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

Legalize it. I'm not a smoker of anything but just quit toying around with it. We have bigger fish to fry.

I live next door to a legal state. It's a 4 hour drive one way to the closest weed store. So every couple of months I go and have a nice dinner and a nice shopping day. Beats the hell out of having to hunt up some sketchy dude and have no idea what you're actually getting.

Then of course there's the massive tax haul this idiotic state is missing out on.

I think it has both medicinal AND recreational value. Dispensaries know this too. That's why on the outside of most dispensary buildings they have medical symbols while on the inside they look like candy stores.

Legalize it all the way! There is no reason that something that has been proven to be much safer than alcohol should be illegal! Jeff Sessions can kiss my pot smoking ass!

Legalize it!!!

Psychiatric practitioner here.... it should be legalized and regulated. Also should not be allowed for Adolescent developing brains, period. And when I said regulated, tested for purity and traces of whatever ... and yes I have seen people heavily paranoid from the stuff but .. it was most likely laced with other dangerous substances. Also for certain people it will always remain a gateway drug, no matter how hard y’all want to defend it.

Alcohol and cigarettes are gateway drugs. Plenty of people smoke pot without going onto other drugs.

I started smoking weed when I was 14.

For some people as I stated, I’m glad you are self aware and thriving.

I don't buy the gateway drug theory. Close to 100% of addicts started out on milk, close to a +1 correlation coefficient. Does that imply causation? No.

[nytimes.com]

And I didn’t say it applies to all people, some come already prewired with a propensity for addiction, it’s like they need a little nudge in opening those gates of hell. I never implied causation, though there is some evidence that use of cannabis might hasten onset of schizophrenia. However in my field, from just field notes and direct observation of adolescents, there’s a certain type of behavior that sends some down the road of addiction, most of those younger kids start with weed and most of them also have impaired parents as well. Therefore, I do not advocate use of cannabis for the unfinished humans. That’s all I wrote. We all make choices, I like my judgement and overall mind unclouded. Some poeople like the state of mild impairment. We are adults, we can make those choices. @shockwaverider

@shockwaverider I read the article, and my thoughts are pretty spot on.

@RushinroundWI Just out of curiosity, what is your field and educational background?

I think all states should follow the lead of Oregon and Portugal and decriminalize all drugs, only providing help for addicts.

Why hardly anyone dies from a drug overdose in Portugal [wapo.st]

Yes by all means yes! Its legal here In washIngton and the results are all posItIve....... For It to be a crIme Is plaIn stupId.

Freedom is only bounded by ethics to prevent infliction of harm upon others. ...a Humanity Hippocratic Oath. ...be careful be my Valentine. ..repeal all the oppressive laws and pull our troops away from the opium fields so dope trafficking can be stopped. ...grow your own y'all stop paying pushers who have guns and crooked lawyers

And don't forget, people, sex and music are awesome when you are stoned.

100% in favor a legalizing marijuana... for fun and profit... and I mean that in the biblical sense... but only outdoors... on my patio... before, during and after... and I don’t even use.

More people will die this weekend from legal Rx drugs overdose or alcohol abuse, than marijuana OD in the history of the world part 1... which by the way is a great movie.

Tomas Level 7 Feb 11, 2018

The only reasons why it's illegal is because

1. It's a fucking plant. You can grow it.
  2. Alcohol and tobacco industries are afraid of the potential loss of business if it becomes legal.

And Big Pharma.

@Condor5 Exactly.
It's a plant, you can grow it. Which means it's a bitch to regulate.

My thoughts on marijuana are that if you want to smoke it, just do it. Where I live, medical has been legal for several years and recreational was a couple years ago. I don't care what people do in their own homes. If you obey the law, groovy. If not, well the consequences are out there. Yes, it should be ok for anyone to smoke for medicinal reasons too. The federal government (Sessions) just wants to hone in on the monetary benefits from taxation. He can piss up a rope just like all the other dolts in office!

ParkS Level 4 Feb 12, 2018

I do think it should be legalized, but it's too much of a money maker for large influential corporations like the private prison industry to get legalized nationally. The alcohol and tobacco industries are also fighting legal pot.

100% in favor a legalizing marijuana... for fun and profit... and I mean that in the biblical sense... but only outdoors... on my patio... before, during and after... and I don’t even use.

More people will die this weekend from legal Rx drugs overdose or alcohol abuse, than marijuana OD in the history of the world part 1... which by the way is a great movie.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23005
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.