Agnostic.com

2 1

So I have 3 yonger step-daughters. Their father is Catholic, lives in a Catholic town and even tells the girls that they will go to hell for not attending church every Sunday. The 13 yo just told her father that she's "not Catholic" and I'm not sure how well he and his family are taking it. She's already been advised that she's going to hell and has been given the added guilt of being the cause of the rest of the family going to hell. I asked her how that made her feel and she said "Eh, it's not a real place so whatever." (I Love this kid) My concern is the diehard Catholic family. I'm just the step-dad, I have no power here but how do I protect her?

ponderingatheist 7 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Offer love, support and a safe harbor from her abusive family members. It's good she knows they're full of baloney, but they'll continue to attack until they either wear her down or completely turn her against them.

Just be there to support her. When she needs someone to talk to you will be there.

Seriously. Kids need adults in their corner

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:231376
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.