Agnostic.com

5 0

Diabetes...

Is there , could there be a support group for people who have diabetes such as myself ?

lilsparky333 4 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can start one if there isn't already one.

Type 2 here, A1C generally in the 6.7 to 6.9 range. On Metformin, Glipimeride, and Farxiga. Don't eat as "correctly" as I should but lost 80 lbs, am within 20 lbs of ideal weight, and aim for 10,000 steps of walking daily.

I am one of those who eats nothing after dinner, goes to be with 100 blood sugar and wakes up with 160. Kind of depressing. I monitor blood sugar only sporadically, as I find the results demotivating, as in, "I exercised when I didn't want to and denied myself 5 indulgent snacks today and my frigging glucose level is 180 anyway??!" In addition, my A1C always ends up being better than my in-the-moment glucose readings suggest, so I steer more by those than on a day to day basis.

There is a Type I group

[agnostic.com]

On here? There may be one but if not start one up 🙂

I've recently started cooking for somebody with Type 2 & I really need some things explained! If you are Type 2, why don't you start a group for it? The person I cook for is also a member here & might join. That would be 3 of us to start off.

Carin Level 8 Nov 26, 2018

There is a Type I Diabetes Group here on Agnostics: "T1D1".

There are is also a Health Forum which you can find under the "Post" button up above.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:231438
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.