Agnostic.com

3 6

You may hold your desires...

... as long as you hold them with your open hand. Nice little article based upon the concept of Buddhism (or mindfulness, whichever you prefer).

[medium.com]

AtheistReader 7 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very good article. Thanks for sharing. A good reminder about just holding the space.

Hmm. Didn’t Lord Buddha teach that desire is a form of attachment, thus leading to suffering?

I think you are right, with respect to more hard-core Buddhism, seeking Nirvana.

I am not seeking Nirvana. I am seeking to be more rational. In that pursuit, desire is ok, as long as I hold it in my open palm. 🙂 I can enjoy it fully while it lasts, without the anxiousness caused by expectation or the denial of the actual reality of impermanence. It's not mantra. It's logic. 🙂

@KenChang You are in Seattle, no? How can you not be into Nirvana ... ??

@KenChang It goes along with the view of nothing really having any permanence. We can only have now, even though that is so overused of a phrase. Nothing lasts forever. gratitude goes along with that. It's a difficult lesson that gets easier as we go along. Enjoy fully and be happy because happiness is the only thing that makes sense. I'm just beginning to get it.. lol yah for me

Very nice. Mindfulness works

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:231668
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.