Agnostic.com

13 3

This is an example of a ridiculous religious discussion that I came across In today’s newspaper.In the religious question and answer section a religious individual asked a Rabbi if he would be able to have sex in heaven. The unfortunate individual was disabled and wanted to have something to look forward to.The Rabbi actually stated that physical pleasures like sex have no place in heaven.I can not believe religious people talk about such nonsense

richiegtt 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i'm not jewish but from what i understand they don't believe in an afterlife.

Jews do not believe in either heaven or hell! What kind of weird post is This?!?

I went to the Newsday archives and found the article I read .This article was written by a Rabbi.You seem to infer that I dreamed up this post .Sorry to disappoint you in your evaluation of my integrity. Longisland Newsday.com

@richiegtt I run off a 10" tablet and it is too small to read....link?

@AnneWimsey I do not know how to link .Just go to Newsday ,it is in the God Squad archives section .I found it there .I have a 9 inch iPad and I tested to see if I could read this post before I sent it .I was able to Enlarge it with finger spread.

@richiegtt yes, I tried that but the resolution went all to hell.....later!

@AnneWimsey google this exact sentence( God Squad: Is Physical intimacy possible in Heaven?

@richiegtt got it, read it, thanks...but the rabbi is citing biblical verses at the end, so not a traditional/real rabbi, no?

@AnneWimsey Yes I agree ,but the point of my post was in reference to ridiculous conversations in regards to religion ,not about if this guy was a traditional rabbi or not.Now if this was a religious Jewish site then this would be a topic of debate

@richiegtt no, cool to learn something new....granted, this rabbi is some kind of anamoly, but cool.

@AnneWimsey If you found this aspect of the post interesting ,this is a positive. .That's all that really matters .

The indoctrinated minds of the religious know no limits to absurdity...

I thought that having sex was heaven . I,m disabled too .... Oh well , not much to look forward to .

Well, of course not. All the sinful stuff goes on down below.

Oh yeah, I remember discussion like this in many adult classes at various churches. Heaven was supposedly singing God's praises and worshipping all day.

Yeah, that's the way I've heard it too. Who the hell would think that kneeling on golden prayer benches all day to kiss a megalomaniacal monster's ass would be the definition of eternal joy?

As a cultural Jew I don't remember being taught to believe in heaven. Why didn't the rabbi address his needs now? Even my 34 year old handicapped daughter has had a sex life. I'd tell the guy to find a new rabii

If it wasn’t for the hope of a better life in heaven the religious idiots wouldn’t have anything to look forward to and I doubt there would be very many of them.

Send that disabled person to The Netherlands...they understand.

[popdust.com]

Convert to Islam..get your virgins in heaven.

Islam believes that heaven is different for different people...not all want virgins in their heaven so they get what ever they want.

Seems to be all about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

It seems clouds would be plenty comfy for sex. Isnt heaven supposed to be the best of things?

I cannot believe a rabbi discussed heaven.
I guess that's the modern version of "How many angels can fit on the head of a pin?"

JimG Level 8 Feb 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23238
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.