Agnostic.com

36 7

Date site protocol/preferences

Do you prefer a woman/man reply to your email/message with a polite no thank you or do you prefer they just delete it? Why?

Crimson67 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, when a profile says " Interested in meeting men", I think a woman should respond. Otherwise she hasn't 'met' me. She's just browsed me. There is a difference! Still, the online thing just isn't the same as F2F. Ooops, there's that rascally text language again, ha ha!

I got rejected because I wasn't tall enough! I know how that goes🙂 @SACatWalker

either way it's time to move on

Depends on the content of the message.

Gert Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

Polite yes no maybe is what every polite inquiry deserves. ....

It depends on the message. If it is just hi, then ignoring is OK.

If the message is more than that, like Hey wanna have coffee, then I think reply is helpful to let him/her know what's what.

I'm generally depressed and feel pretty undesirable. So getting ignored helps feed my internal mythology. It helps to confirm how I feel about myself. So yeah... Ignore me.

I guess my preference would be a polite "no thank you" or "not interested", but I completely understand if someone chooses not to respond at all. There's a lot of people out there that have really been hurt before in life and may have a lot of "trust" issues, so for them it's safer and less complicated to not respond.

And that is how the frog stuck in the rut got run over by the next cart that came along using that rut.

Politeness seems nicer and more appropriate. To show an attraction is not always easy. Why must we be disrespectful and condescending when the person showing attraction is not attractive to the one being approached? It’s almost like some people consider a compliment of attraction is an insult if you aren’t interested.

I prefer they say yes! Anything else sucks just as badly so it really doesn't matter.

Now I am tempted to send you a flirty email and see if I get a reply before you delete it.

The companion to this is when down the line you discover that someone has barred you without letting you know that they have. Sometimes it occurs within memory span but in others it doesn't and then it becomes "why" did someone actually come to my page and accidentally press my barred button?
The saying "keep your friends close but your enemies even closer" has not been around for thousands of years without justification.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.