Agnostic.com

3 2

QUESTION Why conservatives are more susceptible to believing in lies.

An interesting look at the psychological reasons why conservatives are more likely to cling to “facts” even when disproven. This hits several of the points in a book I have mentioned on this site -The Righteous Mind: Why good people are divided by politics and religion, by Jonathan Haidt. If you find the article interesting, I highly recommend checking out the book.

A2Jennifer 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like this. Reposted on FB.

I think both liberals and conservatives are highly susceptible to believing lies:

[i.pinimg.com]

BD66 Level 8 Feb 12, 2018

Ok, two things. First, the article is about why conservatives are MORE LIKELY to hold onto erroneous beliefs even in the face of proof to the contrary - not that they are the only ones who ever believe lies.

Second, I have never heard anyone claim that raising taxes or the minimum wage will CREATE jobs - the argument most often made is that LOWERING taxes and the minimum wage will create jobs. There doesn’t seem to be much evidence that actually happens though.

Watch the following video 44 seconds in, the #1 leftist fool claims exactly what you have never heard:

And here's the "90% corporate taxes are good for the economy". That's every bit as crazy as believing a talking snake tricked a rib-woman into eating a magic apple: [pics.me.me]

He did not say that. At all. He said that policies that help families get ahead are creating infrastructure, making sure that women are paid fairly and that people can pay off their college loans. He said that raising the minimum wage helps families get ahead. He did NOT say that raising the minimum wage would create jobs. He said it would benefit people who HAVE jobs that pay them so little that they qualify for food stamps (I am paraphrasing on that). @BD66

Listen at 1:51 "It also means they will have more money to spend a local businesses, which grows the economy for everyone" in reality "It means they will be replaced by these automated kiosks" [zerohedge.com]

Here's another good lie that liberals believe:

@BD66 HUH?

Because they lie.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23401
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.