Agnostic.com

8 5

LINK Couple seeking marriage license forced to prove New Mexico is a state

The level of ignorance is frightening. Several years ago my daughter was trying to expedite her passport. She was speaking with a clerk in DC, they were trying to arrange express mail and pick up. She had already told the clerk she was in Omaha. The clerk then asks, "is Omaha anywhere near Seattle?" SMH

HippieChick58 9 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is this the result wanted by the "conservatives" in their pursuit to destroy public schools?.

Just... damn! Pathetic.

FFS.

I can't take the unbelievable number of stupid people in this country.

I lived in Taos, NM for nine years and this stuff was more common than you would think. American tourists would ask if they needed to exchange their money. The magazine "New Mexico" would publish something once a month about Americans not knowing NM was actually a state. This is an example of the mentality that helped elect trump to the Presidency.

It hasnt changed

@btroje Amazing ain't it. NM is my favorite state. It has got to be the funkiest state in the union, and I mean that in a good way. 🙂

Well in the clerks defense there’s parts of New Mexico that actually resemble other planets.?

A great argument against christian home schooling.

I know a woman from New Mexico. She told me a story about a couple from Minnesota pulling over to talk to her and a friend, both are Navajo. First they were asked if they speak English. When they confirmed that they did, the husband asked them where he could exchange his American money.

JimG Level 8 Nov 30, 2018

Please tell them I apologize for the whites. Cause GEES!!! That is some white peopling right there.

WUUUUT???? Even I know that as a Canadian!!!!

You know that "... as a Canadian"?
I grew up in Kenya, and now live in Spain, but I've known that New Mexico was a US state for longer than I care to remember. (I also know that it was originally Spanish, then Mexican, then independent and finallt ratified as a US state.)

@Petter I also meant the Omaha, Nebraska, part.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:234563
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.