Agnostic.com

20 3

Have you ever helped someone and they gave all the credit to god?

#god
EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I work in the healthcare field so I often witness patients getting their medical issues resolved with the help of numerous healthcare staff, modern medicine, and medical equipment that wouldn't be possible without the sciences. They then thank God afterwards.

Very wise! Lol Let Yahweh take care of them. Evil laugh.

@EmeraldJewel Lol. They don't need my help. They can pray instead. Lol.

For sure , lols

Why doesn't anyone ever I've satan any credit? Are you sure that Satan does not support any winning professional sport teams?

I think Satan is the real hero! After all, he did tell Eve the truth after she ate the apple that she wouldn’t die, plus Satan didn’t murder half as many as god did.

True dat. I'm stealing this from Dave Attel, but "I don't worship satan, but I do agree with many of his view."@EmeraldJewel

Constantly. I have helped people move, remodel their house, play football with their children, let them cry on my shoulder, give them physical comfort, pay their bills, and physically protect them. And the best I ever got was that God put me there to do those things!

I made a fence or barrier that looked like a fish and 2 old women walked past saying it was lucky God made it possible for me to be able to do it.

Lol wtf!!!

I know fucking idiots

brilliant fence though ! well done! maybe they meant ,cod, not god

a brilliant line made me laugh @jacpod

Watch out, they might think it's a Jesus fish. haha.

@arnies if they can name a Cheeto Cheesus, they can do anything lmfao!!!

Yep. Tried to help a woman learn to drive. She said that God was gonna help her get her license. I told her if God was gonna do that, he would have already done so. She was the worse driver in the world. It's been months since I gave up trying to teach her, yet God still hasn't helped her get her license. What an impotent worthless savior.

lol wow!

Oh, so you did it for the credit?

It's not about doing things to "get credit". It's about the ppl appreciating the actual person that DID help; NOT some fairytale god that didn't lift a damn finger to do it himself. It's nice to be appreciated once in a while ya know. Like these doctors & nurses that save ppls lives everyday, only to have the credit given to a "god". If god was to be at credit, those in the medical field wouldn't even be needed in the world. Remember that the next time you need help in your life asshole.

Umm no. Doing things to help people out of kindness and they blow you off by saying god was the true helper. Not so much as a thank you. That’s rude manners. It’s about getting respect, just like a doctor deserve respect out of all the hard work they put in to save lives and educate themselves to be capable of doing so.

@EmeraldJewel That you were in a position to do good and you did good should be enough reward... I think what bothers you is they credit god. Don't take it wrong... you know you did good. Sometimes I had done "good" and I don't even stick around for them to thank me I just move on. To them may be "rude" but you will notice when you stop fighting with god and stop seeing him as your antagonist... you will really be the free person you want to be. As long you are a soldier in the battle against god instead of denying its presence... you will never be free. You will be caught up and distracted on a war without merit. I Thank You for the Help you provided. Forget those that credit god. You already know the Truth.

@Becca I need help all the time. And never mention god... But You making an Ass of yourself calling me an asshole do not offend me so try again... sweetie... dig deeper in your bag hag.

@Becca Thank you, Becca. Very well said.

Unfortunately this happens all the time. I get even more annoyed when I see entertainers say that in their acceptance speeches.

I'd go mental [ verbally of course]

Yes, even after telling them I am an atheist I've been told, that's just jeebers working through you.

That’s annoying.

<insert athlete's name here> gives divine credit for each touchdown, basket, goal, big win, when they did it themselves.

Yes, and according to them it was because god had guided me to do so. I guess god was too busy to do it himself.

Lol I’ve gotten that same answer. He must be busy if he can’t do that simple task but was able to make manna rain down from the sky to feed to his Chosen People that he allowed to roam lost in the desert for forty years. It’s insane!

@EmeraldJewel That is one cruel god. He could have just shown his chosen people the way to the holly land, you know - draw an arrow in the sand pointing to it -. They would have made the trip in about six days, and they could have rested on the seventh day like he did when he supposedly created the world. Lol

@noworry28 I’m glad the sadist isn’t real. The moral of the story was to teach faith and trust, but I call B.S.

Everybody who credit God for everything that happen will do that, no matter what. I was asked the epic question, where I take my moral from, and when I said from my inner self, the answer is; because God put it there. So doesn’t matter what you do, it’s God will, who put that power to help others in your hands, or head.

I hate that so much ... when you see someone get over a bad illness and the first thing they say is to praise God for saving them, when it is clearly the doctors and nurses and 100s of years of science and innovation that saved them.

Oh yes!!! If it’s anything, that is one of the main things that burns me the hell up. It’s rude to not give credit to those that actually worked hard. It’s a complete slap in the face.

Also when I do a tattoo and the client says Thank god that's over. I always say "god had nothing to do with it".

Hahahs you should mention the scripture that is against tattoos. Lmfao !!! How could they thank god?

Yes. They said god led me to help them.

Yes. I helped my next door neighbor when he was suicidal over his wife leaving him and he credited god. I honestly don't care about that though. He is alive, and that's what matters.

Makes me wanna puke when idiots say THE LARD SENT YOU (me) TO ME ....

I can understand lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23577
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.