Agnostic.com

18 4

Is there a blocking epidemic?

I've noticed suddenly that people I have never had any beef with or some that I have never spoken to (to my knowledge) are blocking me. A lot of posts show up in my notifications and then I can't see the posts because the person blocked me...

Aivery 7 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its happened to me as well. Ive never blocked anyone. If I don't like someone, I just ignore them and eventuslly they go away. I know its different for women as men tend to either not get the hint, or are incapable of letting go.

No, but there is an epidemic about frozen and/or missing points though ?

I think there are some mentally & emotionally, if not socially defective people assuming ‘anything goes’ attempting to make this their sandbox… Dipshit I am, I’ll generally engage.. I’ve not blocked, nor have I noticed being blocked, yet 😕

Varn Level 8 Dec 4, 2018

We may never know why any person blocks any other individual.

I hope that people can somehow make peace with that. It may pinch for a minute, but chances are they aren't paying your bills, sleeping with you, or making your life worth living, right?

I saw a lot of posts from one woman before she blocked me. Most of hers were whiny and trying to influence admin to make rules against anything she doesn't like. I didn't block her on principle. I know many people have legitimate reasons, but when someone blocks me; I look at it as sometimes the trash takes itself out.

@JimG When I block someone, I am removing trash from my view. ????

Honestly, I've been in more heated conflicts with people on this site in the relatively short time I've been here than with people in other social media sites in my lifetime. I thought I was here to be with people who share common interests and ideas. I've blocked quite a number of people by now who just want to pick fights. Being godless doesn't give you the excuse to be trolls or jerks.

I've blocked many. Even if they are not an ass directly toward me -- if I see them being an ass to another member, picking fights, grandstanding all the time, being an attention seeker, etc. -- I don't want them in my orbit.

As a result, I truly have just about zero conflict and strife here.

@BlueWave I'm just here to enjoy myself and avoid conflicts but some seem to find a cause for conflict in any subject. I can participate in civilized debates so I don't shy away from those. I used to play into the hands of silly argumentative idiots but now I just block them. I do not need them in my life.

There seems to be an influx of new members. Perhaps the system is overwhelmed?
Fuck if know. I get blocked all the time.

I have blocked about a dozen people. About 10 were people who responded rudely to one of my posts in an argumentative way. Most if not al of them were members of one of the conservative group

One was a woman I was following but when she posted about hating cats and hitting one she was sitting for. .well that was an immediate block. I have no patience for people who brag about hurting pets

Nope, not really

So far, I've only ever reciprocated a block on those whom I've discovered have blocked me. Lately, I've been finding more and more people to be annoying, so my personal blocking policy might change before too long.

I don't believe so but if you are in the group Trump Pinata or Gun Control now, you will be blocked by the group creator of Conservative Atheists and his group. I wouldn't take it personally, he blocks everyone he thinks disagrees with him and has thousands blocked. The epidemic is his alone as he likes to stay in his safe little hidey hole within the echo chamber he has created. The rest of us who use the feature block the A-holes.

I don’t believe I’m in either of those groups but it’s incredibly sad that a person can’t refrain from hostile language for a single paragraph. You have to wonder how he functions in society.

Ditto on that.. it seems the many of the conservatives have blocked anyone they think is liberal..

I used to block several of the liberal idiots but have removed all blocks in spite of having strong disagreements with a lot of the liberal gun control, Obama loving, Trump bashing screwball’s.

@OwlInASack don’t take the bait!!!

I have no problem with being blocked, and I have no problem blocking. Why have to wade through alerts of people you know irritate the shit out of you, or continually post or reply with things you are totally opposed to. People should block me if they feel the same.

The racist.. I mean conservative group blocked me. I have no idea why?

To escape having their racist posts reported that's why. 😀

Congratulations!!

Maybe you were trolling to much.

@Trajan61 I do not troll ever. I engage in the conversation at hand. That is all, thank you.

Who cares unless you're saying things that are untrue or specifically just offensive? If you're trying to get everyone to like you sell ice cream.

It might seem epidemic because it's a person or two who are in the same groups you are in?

Hang in there. I see no reason folks would suddenly be blocking you wholesale. It just can feel that way sometimes.

Why does anyone care who blocks them?

It can hurt your feelings if you think its unfair...grrrrr typed that wrong

@Amisja

That sounds unlikely

@Aivery
People don't have to speak to me directly for me to block them, for instance. Pro-gun people, blocked. Pro-religious people, blocked. Women that get offended by everything, blocked. People that try to tell others how to live their lives, blocked. People that don't think I'm wonderful, blocked. ?

@Anonbene I would be upset if I felt someone had blocked me unfairly.

In all the time I've been here, I've never been blocked . Can't say why you're experiencing it ?

That you're aware of.

Some of the foul mouthed unhinged liberals are a little hard to take so I kind of understand the blocking behaviour.

@Trajan61 I think you could have stopped at foul mouthed and unhinged?

there is an epidemic of rude people i have blocked. obviously i have not blocked you or you would not be seeing this lol. i have been blocked a couple times, sometimes by people i was about to block. but those are always people with whom i HAVE interacted.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:236909
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.