62 5

If you were given the chance, would you like to stay a certain age forever?

By EmeraldJewel
Options Favorite Like

62 comments

Probably, y es. Maybe around 35 or so. Young enough to feel good, old enough to be sophisticated enough to brook no bull.

Druthewriter Level 5 Feb 13, 2018

Eeek, NO! I take comfort in the thought that one day (or night) I will expire, perish, be no more. The very thought of living forever gives me the heebie-jeebies. Ugh!

BookDeath Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

I agree. At some point it’d be time for closure.

21, as long as I can still mature and grow. Young, fit, and able to drink legally.

jayneonacobb Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

I was pretty happy at 40, but a big part of that had to do with my wife, before she got sick. If she didn't stay at the same age forever, I don't think I would want to.

GeorgeRocheleau Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Interesting subject. I have a progressive disease, so yeah, I would like to stay a certain age. It would take me a while to figure out what that is, though.

Spinliesel Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

I don't want to be anywhere forever. I guess ideally id like a normal kind of a lifespan but stay healthy and one morning wake up dead with no pain. every time I put one of my dogs down or lose a family member it knocks a little part of me away. I don't even want to imagine that even a hundredfold let alone forever.

LeighShelton Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

Probably be down with continued youth and longer life but not forever. Would be very dull.

SocraticAddict Level 6 Feb 13, 2018

No. and NO. Was driving my son somewhere, and on the radio was the announcement of the "oldest person in America (that day)", who was like 108 that day. My son says: Oh, it's so great people are living to long these days. When you're 100, I'll only be 75! We'll both still be alive, that's great! Me: No it isn't! I don't wanna live to be 100!! Son: Why not??? Me: You'll see.

Farfrompukin Level 3 Feb 13, 2018

I'm pretty sure the oldest person alive is 117... The oldest ever being 122 and 117-year-old Nabi Tajima of Japan, born 4 August 1900, is the oldest living person in the world whose age has been documented. The other 117year old died recently.

30-35 would be my ideal physical age to remain but I would want the knowledge that I have gained since then. I would be fine living forever at that age as long as all my internal organs stayed healthy too and I could continue to gain knowledge.

Crimson67 Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

If I had to pick I'd say this age. Forty looks good on me, and heck it's still kinda young. I'm salty, old, and pretty at the same time..lol

Brbaldwin Level 6 Feb 13, 2018

I'd like forever as an age.

Jack-of-scythes Level 6 Feb 13, 2018

I would not want to be the same age 'forever' . I think living 150-250 yrs. with at least decent physical health and all that accrued wisdom would be long enough.

kmdskit3 Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

I like my mind today and I'm fully aware of how ignorant I was at many earlier ages. I can remember how I thought and what I thought. As for my body, I was at my best at 35 to 40. A lot of that was due to weight training. I still workout today but in limited manner.

DenoPenno Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Certainly not. Life is a journey from the cradle to the grave. Travelling along the road of life you gain experience, knowledge, friendship. It also gets funnier the old you become.

Forkbeard Level 6 Feb 13, 2018

29.Old enough to be respected, but not yet middle aged. (Now if I could get my carbon "stack" and find a group of 29 y o "sheathes" , or whatever it is, I'd be set); 29 is also a good age to be for a male in terms of, well, let's just say, libido, and leave it at that. smile001.gif

David1955 Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Yes so wanted to be in the altered carbon universe

Simon1 Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

That show is great. You really do get a feel for why immortality is wrong, but I think most of us also realize we'd have a hard time passing up the chance, if we were given it.

@MrLizard nah the creator of the technology had the right idea people with money spoilt it . Trying not to Give away spoilers

@SimonMorgan1 Yup

hmmm,
probably somewhere in my 40s.

Rugglesby Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

I'd probably get tired of it eventually

GilbertusAlbans Level 4 Feb 13, 2018

Absolutely. Getting old sucks. Give me back my prime years! smile002.gif

NaturalBornCynic Level 5 Feb 13, 2018

@diabhal 24 to 26 is probably when I looked and felt the best.

@diabhal Touché

That seemed to be my physical, mental, emotional and cognitive prime.

AMGT Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

Hell yeah can I be 25 forever?

Peteinvegas Level 3 Feb 13, 2018
  1. Since I live in Vegas.
Trecyk Level 2 Apr 21, 2018

Great question...Reminds of me of one my favourite "kids" novels, "Tuck Everlasting". I have often asked this question of myself, and for me if I could be 28/29 again...I'd go for it. Most "great" people peak at this time; I certainly did. To still have hope, naiveness without all the worry lines I know possess (LOL!) would be great, I think.

randy2084 Level 5 Feb 25, 2018

I plan to live forever. So far, so good.????

Mark9393 Level 6 Feb 23, 2018

Hmmm yes about 32 or so

ScienceBill72 Level 7 Feb 16, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!