Agnostic.com

113 12

What movie fucked with your head the most?

I just finished watching Requiem for a Dream (for the hundredth time). Darren Aronofsky needs a serious hug from his daddy.

What movies have you watched that fucked with your head so much that you were still thinking about it the next day?

IndySent 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

113 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Eraserhead and other David Lynch stuff

ooh, I LOVE EraserHead! SUCH a great movie!

@M3G4N666 If I have a copy of it I tend to watch it repetitively; I like it too

Requiem for a Dream.

Deer Hunter

Reading through these, I was trying to remember all those movies I've seen, and then came across AnneWimsey's post. Deer Hunter freaked me out more than any.

Fried green tomatoes at the whistle-stop cafe

Stew anyone?

Boys Don't Cry -- the rape scene is seared onto my brain - unfortunately. Hillary Swank did such a good job.

Apocalypse Now.

When I was 12 years old I went and saw Old Yeller. So much blood and gore, killing and gang-violence, and sex and nudity. Actually, now that I think about it, I might have gone into the wrong theater.

Dead Man Walking. Full disclosure, I was pregnant at the time so I’m sure that had something to do with how emotionally vested in it I became. 😉

The 1980's It, have not yet seen the remake.

ooh! the remake is so amazing! Please watch it if you get a chance! Here's a quick clip of one of my favorite scenes...

Vanilla Skies. I always had trouble trying to figure out where the lucid dream began. It was carefully explained in the dialog, but for some reason it never sunk in for me until I watched it for the ump-teenth time some years back. I love movies that toy with reality and force you to question what you are interpreting.

Every Elvis movie ever made gives me a headache. Does that Count?

Mama Mia. It made me want to kill.

LOL EASY. Definitely H u m a n C e n t I p e d e

A tie between Une Chien Andelou and L'Age D'or.

The "Shining" , with Jack Nicholson. Man, I wouldnt go on ski vacations with my family without fear for years. That movie is just one of those things that could happen....

Primer. Realistic time travel, anyone?

Don't laugh but the first Paranormal Activity did. It's because I couldn't get past the thought that things were happening to me and around me while I was sleeping and totally vulnerable. I still have trouble falling asleep if I think about it before I go to bed!

The Exorcist. I was at an age where I was putting magical thinking behind me. This movie caused me to pause and also created a few nightmares. I think the hype this movie created among the religious community added to the movie's impact.

Apocalypse Now. Woodstock. Bangladesh. Tommy. Heavy Metal. Mad Dogs and English Gentlemen, The sensualist, Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, The Pearl, Altered States... It was not the movies... it was the level of intoxication of the experimental substances.

The last Star Wars.

Psycho. Watched it at the Rialto theater with my mom. Mistake.

The Ring. The Butterfly Effect. Django Unchained. Inception. Silence of the lambs. Se7en

Inception, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Seven Pounds, Being John Malkovich

A good "old" classic. Dark City. Great Sci-Fi noir

The grudge

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.