Agnostic.com

113 12

What movie fucked with your head the most?

I just finished watching Requiem for a Dream (for the hundredth time). Darren Aronofsky needs a serious hug from his daddy.

What movies have you watched that fucked with your head so much that you were still thinking about it the next day?

IndySent 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

113 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dalton Trumbo's, Johnny Got His Gun. It was released at the height of the Vietnam war and I was about to be drafted. Back then being drafted meant boot camp, infantry school, and a plane to Man for a 12 month tour. The film had a profound affect on me.

I definitely agree with Requiem for a Dream, especially the last few minutes of the movie!!!

The Woodsman with, of course, Kebin Bacon and Keria Sedgwick; creepy fucked up shit!

A Serbian Story

"Johnny Got His Gun" with Timothy Bottoms - for the dark side of war.
Harold and Maude for the dark humor about mother issues.
I can not watch alot of sad movies, I need humor so there are many films I have never seen - hense my references are older flicks. After watching Johnny got his gun I filter what I watch. That movie still gives me chills and a deep sense of dispare - DON'T need that in my head/life.

The Big Blue

Sophie's Choice. I couldn't imagine myself having to make the choices she made. Still can't.

I'd have to say A Clockwork Orange and it's been so long since I've seen it I've actually forgotten what it was about. But I remember being disturbed. I loved Requiem For Dream it really honestly showed what life is like for an addict.

Oh and Dead Poets Society fucked with me when he committed suicide. Wow. Big time.

One Flew Over The Cooco's Nest.

loo65 Level 3 Mar 12, 2018

ErIc the vIkIng. Christians couldn't see the pagan stuff that the vIkIngs saw.

My son went to film adn video college and wanted me to see Eraserhead I took my then new boyfriend to see it - neither of us could cope.

There was also a film called Blue that was in the same experimental era as eraserhead.

Jacobs Ladder

Well aside from an easy answer like Eraserhead, the most recent was the Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Did the Sam Rockwell and Frances McDormand characters go though with the plan that they were going to collaborate on at the end of the movie? I still think that creepy character who they may or may not have decided to kill was the one who raped and killed her daughter.

The Machinists with Christian Bale

"Altered States." It was so surreal and odd.

HOLY CRAP and if you have ever seen a movie called H A P P I N E S S

Off the top of my head, I'd say The Babadook. Not so much because of the "horror" aspect of it, but how well it showed the inner thoughts of a severely depressed mother.

That very movie is why I clicked on this discussion!

'Breaking Waves' puts me into profound depression.

'Sometimes a Great Notion' written by Ken Kesey. The opening dialogue on the first scene stayed glued in my memory after one reading: "Sometimes I feel like a lover, and sometimes I feel like a clown, And sometimes I get a great notion to jump in the river and drown". And that fit me perfectly at the time and still does.

District 9

Koyaanisqatsi. Shaped my thought processes and life decision making more than I would ever expect a film do.

28 days later
It just reminds me that even though we somehow avoided nuclear annihilation that every day FOOLS play with the substance of our destruction. When and if the SUPERBUG does get loose, the first to die will likely be the lucky ones

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.