Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Michael Flynn asks federal judge to spare him from prison time in response to government sentencing memo - CNNPolitics

(CNN)Former national security adviser to President Donald Trump Michael Flynn has asked a federal judge to spare him from prison time, according to his defense team's memo before his sentencing.

He said his cooperation with Robert Mueller's special counsel investigation "was not grudging or delayed."

"Rather, it preceded his guilty plea or any threatened indictment and began very shortly after he was first contacted for assistance by the Special Counsel's Office," his team wrote.

He is asking for no jail time and has offered to do 200 hours of community service.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Apparently Mr. Mueller valued highly Flynn's cooperation. In matter of Flynn's sentencing, I think the judge should give Mueller's recommendation due consideration. This would also tend to strengthen the prosecutor's hand in negotiations with other potential witnesses.

Geepers, some people can just request the punishment they deserve (or think they deserve)! What caused this man to fall so far from ‘grace?’ Maybe he fell under the spell of trump? Maybe it was something out of the ordinary that broke his will? Maybe, it was temporary insanity? What a perfect storm of misfits coming together for the benefit of trump and Russia!

I mean why not? I learned one thing about the law while being in law enforcement and it’s that it’s no longer the job of the lawyer to beat your case but to negotiate your sentence.

I’ve arrested people with the same charge that couldn’t be beat and one got time served with 6 months probation and the other got 5 years all because the ones lawyer negotiated his sentence and the other tried to beat my case.

So anything is possible but me personally he stuck his hand in the furthest out of all of them so he should go to Leavenworth.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:242170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.