31 5

Have you ever disliked someone for no reason?

By EmeraldJewel
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

31 comments

I don't thinks so..... but. I believe I have been quick to judge at times. And I have learned that first impressions don't necessarily match up to the person.

LizBeth Level 6 Dec 14, 2018

Have you ever found yourself liking someone for no reason?

Kayterade5348 Level 4 Dec 15, 2018

I like you... πŸ‘

No likes and dislikes without a reason.

No, but I sometimes like people that it turns out I probably shouldn't.

CaroleKay Level 8 Dec 14, 2018

No, I have not. I go by: You can't tell a book by it's cover. Give them a chance, you may be very surprised.

sweetcharlotte Level 7 Dec 14, 2018

Very often. When I meet someone for the first time, I almost always like or dislike them immediately for no fathomable reason. More often than not, that like or dislike turns out to be justifiable - the people I immediately like tend to turn out to be good, reliable, trustworthy people; those I dislike tend to be the opposite.

Jnei Level 8 Dec 14, 2018

For the most part, I give everyone a chance, You never know what goes on in their life, I learned years ago, from thinking I didn't like a person, or would never like them, and after getting to know them better, I found out how wrong I was.

kenriley Level 8 Dec 15, 2018

Not likely possible. There is always a reason...you may not understand or be able to express why you do not like someone, but there will always be a reason.

dahermit Level 7 Dec 14, 2018

No. But I have avoided people due to their negative aura.

MissKathleen Level 8 Dec 15, 2018

You can learn a lot from the things that make you uncomfortable. Dive into reason. Don’t just blindly avoid.

seabird Level 1 Dec 15, 2018

Disliking someone for no reason sounds like anti-social behavior or socio-pathic behavior. Have you thought about therapy? I advise seeking therapy from a professional.

linxminx Level 6 Dec 14, 2018

I try to keep the instinct of a child inside me. Sometimes you cannot explain why you donβ€˜t like someone. Iβ€˜m watching those people cautiously over a period of time to get sure if Iβ€˜m wrong or right. I try not to judge someone from the start.

Yucel Level 3 Dec 14, 2018

How about the vibe you feel?

oldFloyd Level 6 Dec 14, 2018

That’s probably more it.

Yes. I only have so much like to spread around.

Sticks48 Level 8 Dec 14, 2018

Yes especially if my dog didn't like them.

Marine Level 8 Dec 15, 2018

When I meet someone new, I often have an immediate sense of being drawn in by them or repelled by them. I believe there are reasons, conscious and unconscious - sometimes obvious and more often much less so. My brain, heart and gut decide!

karmenb1 Level 3 Dec 15, 2018

Animals in Translation - Our brains do alot of thinking for us.

I’ve become fascinated by brain science and it turns out most of our decisions (probably all) are made subconsciously.

Probably turned off a lot of people with that comment.

Dragon64 Level 4 Dec 14, 2018

To answer your question: Yes - it happens fairly often, And I’m typically suspicious of people who seem to β€œlike” everyone.

Depends on how you define "dislike" if you are talking about social media, no. If you mean fail to like a person, probably but in that event there is likely a reason even if I am not fully aware of the reason for my emotional response.

NoMagicCookie Level 7 Dec 14, 2018

Yes, I have a co-worker who I can't stand tp speek to. It might be his politics, but it started before I knew his views. It just seems like he's trying too hatd to impress.

Al-Bundy_59 Level 5 Dec 14, 2018

Yes, but those are reasons..

@Kayterade5348 it started out for no reason, I think I found reasons to not like him. I have known other people with which I have the same issues, but I don't dislike them.

No I don't go that far. I do come across people who's face I'd like to stand on but that's because they're sniveling little gobshites...e.g. Nigel Farage and Michael Gove #twunts

ipdg77 Level 8 Dec 14, 2018

Yes. I , unfortunately, have an instant dislike to individuals with very large heads. I don’t have a clue why. But, when it is someone I have to deal with personally, over time, I have to work to overcome that dislike.

Rob1948 Level 6 Dec 14, 2018

When I first saw Trump on TV, promoting his (ghost written) biok "The Art of The Deal", I immediately disliked him without knowing why at the time.

I fidn my intuition about people is usually pretty good. Every time I ignored my intuitive feeling about a person, Ihave regretted it, as the personlater screwed me over in one way or another.

I think our instincts or immediate likes and dislikes evolved to help us better survive our fellow humans. When I listn to my instincts, I do much better than when I don't.

snytiger6 Level 8 Dec 14, 2018

No, but I've had some pretty weak reasons.

JimG Level 8 Dec 14, 2018

Yes

Donotbelieve Level 8 Dec 14, 2018

I would like to think that I haven't but I'm sure I have to my shame

LibrePenseur Level 7 Dec 14, 2018

Reminds me of the old joke by Bob Dole, the funniest politician I ever heard of and someone I liked a lot, even tho he was a Repub. He was the master of the dry humor and terse jokes. I think he was talking about Phil Gramm of Texas, but the joke went like this. Gramm asked Dole why people seemed to take an instant dislike to Gramm. Dole replied dryly, "Saves time".

TomMcGiverin Level 6 Dec 21, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!