Agnostic.com

8 3

A controversial one.

Today I was chatting with a friend about "organs donors ".
IMHO to donate your organs should be law. I am convinced its legalization would do away with the organs black market and prevent the kidnapping / murder of young people (as it happens in Mexico) to provide the necessary organs.

DUCHESSA 8 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So as soon as you die, you're property of the state. Dangerous ground there.

England is currently debating an opt out rather that opt in case for organ donation. The difference that makes to the amount of organs is quite staggering, Whilst it still maintains the right of an individual not to donate, for religious or other reasons.

If you do wish to donate (as I do) your body barts.Please talk this over with your family now. As they will be the ones asked to make the the decision if or when.

I most definitely believe in organ donation,but I do not like the idea of people loosing control of what happens to their organs alive OR dead. This is just another human right that could be taken away.You also have to consider the survivors of these deceased individuals and their choices . You are infringing on their beliefs and rights also,due to the fact that they may be attempting to follow the wishes of the deceased .

U read you laid and clear but I also ask you: Who benefits from organs eaten by the worms?

@PoppyLongJohn All your "scientific" explanation and "" human burial is a way for people still living to cope with the sadness of losing someone"" can't be compared to saving other person's life....which many relatives see as a way for the death person "TO BE ALIVE...IN OTHER PERSON'S BODY."

I’m all for organ donation but NOT for forcing people to do it. It’s my body, my choice.

After you passed?

I’m all for organ donation but NOT for forcing people to do it. It’s my body, my choice.@DUCHESSA

@DelilahJones33 And I asked "Even after you passed?

I am an organ donor. When someone is dead they don't care anyway. I do have a very hesitant issue with mandatory harvesting. Beerandwine did make an excellent suggestion of making the default donate.

I am a donor, it is on my records and I have a card in my wallet. I believe we are switching to an opt out system here, so unless you opt out, you are a donor. I spent almost 3 years constantly in a transplant unit helping a friend/ex who eventually had a liver transplant. I met so many people and their families, I mean hundreds who got to live, or got to keep their relative due to the transplant.
There is no way I would NOT be a donor.

I am an organ donor. However - I do not want to be put on a ventilator. That causes some issues. For a ton of people.
They usually have to keep you oxygenated and your heart going (even on bypass) to donate all organs.
So yes it would be great if everyone did. But so many are allowed to die peacefully - and then they can't use the organs.
More to this than people wanting to hold onto the whole package. 😉

I agree. When one is dead, take the organs. They have no say about it and totally useless to a dead person. While alive they have complete autonomy and have everything to say about it. After death, they no longer exist and what is left is an empty vessel that was once occupied.

....and then, I was told the medical professionals want young people donating because the damage done to the tissues by the medicines (old people).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24445
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.