Agnostic.com

11 12

Today on line at Starbucks, I started chatting with the girl in front of me (totally innocent, she was way too young). She had an astronomy and biology textbook in her hands. So we started talking science things. Anyway, she bought me a coffee. She gets to the line, orders her drink then says "and whatever he wants". Usually I respond with "no, you don't have to do that". This time I just said, Happy Valentine's day and Thank you. I'm still kinda blown away. I'm not used to people doing random nice things for me.

ScienceBiker 8 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Heart heart heart this is great man!! Haha!

It's all good

Accept it and pay it forward! And Happy Valentine's Day!

Sounds like "I want two coffees...one suspended." A person pays for two coffees but only takes one....the other will be given -for free- to a person who can't afford one and is freezing his/her tail.

Awwwwwww, how cool is that?

LOL! You must not have triggered any "stranger danger" responses with your erudite questions.

Never underrate what a bit of civility can do. That's really cool!

Too rare today. Used to be a lot friendlier yrs ago. I once walked into a bar in Coure D' Alane Idaho, purchased one drink. and that was the last one I bought. At one point I had to politely decline an invitation 'to have a beer' because I had 3 in front of me. Has never happened since.

First bar I ever got drunk in -- the Sunset in Coeur d' Alene. 🙂

Pay it forward. Try it, you'll like it.

nice

You still got the touch. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24476
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.