Agnostic.com

31 11

Why can’t religious people understand that atheism isn’t a religion?

It’s so annoying when they try to argue with you and say otherwise. I keep getting stupid theist on atheist YouTube channels leaving comments about how atheism is just another religion, trying to debate atheist and agostics. I don’t understand why they just can’t stay away from atheist channels, anyway. Like what are they doing here.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What is annoying is when they are given a proper definition and simply ignore it. They are sometimes simply incredulous, however many are simply purposely misleading. More specifically this is the apologetics group.

Yes, that’s very annoying.

Because the virtue of faith has been so deeply brainwashed into them, they can't believe that everyone doesn't live by it.

I get annoyed with Government surveys that ask your religion and list Atheism as one of them. Thankfully we mostly now have the option of "No religion"

Because ignorance....

Why can’t religious people understand that there is no god(s)?

I tink Bill Maher calls it "religiously insane." Even if he doesn't, I still like the term.

@SaintStephen accuracy!

They can't help themselves. It's part of their mental illness. And yes, I absolutely believe that religious faith is an intentional mental illness.

Indeed it is.
It's a contagious mental illness.
Hell, look at the characters in the Bible.
Let's see...
Talking burning bush...
Attempted murder (sacrifice) of a son.
Climb a mountain to hear "God"

That's just a small handful of what I can remember right off the bat.
Sounds a lot like schizophrenia to me.

Not to mention that their gods sound like they have some sort of personality disorder like D.I.D

Lmfao!!! I like that you called it mental illness.

@EmeraldJewel I've been calling it a mental illness for a number of years now. I've also caught an awful lot of flack for doing that. My rationale is that religious faith is rooted in delusion. Delusion is a symptom of mental illness. Hence, religious faith is a mental illness.

@NeoXerops Their god has a whole host of character flaws. Let's see, serial genocide, extortion, passive/aggressive behavior, child abuse, and explosive anger issues. Gee, what's not to love?

@KKGator OR their Hebrew god is really only a copied version of "Anu" the blood-thirsty alien leader who came to earth to mine gold and genetically engineered humans by mixing their DNA with human apes, as told about in the Sumerian texts. They were written 2000 years before the Bible, and obviously copied, since the stories parallel the Bible ones, even with similar names.

The origins of human beings according to ancient Sumerian texts [ancient-origins.net]?

@KKGator it deserves to be called just that. Anybody that claim god is talking to them in their head has a problem.

@KKGator you nailed it

@KKGator you nailed it

@NeoXerops a illness for sure lol. The man attempting to murder his son was too much for me.

@EmeraldJewel Haha, absolutely.
But hey... I guess if the voices in your head tell you to do something...
Imagine if someone tried pulling this shit nowadays. That person would be in an asylum.

Let's not forget about the whole cutting of the dick skin thing...
That's definitely up there in terms of worst of the lot.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.