Agnostic.com

37 8

Am I doomed relationship wise being a minority in a minority?

Coming from a black atheist, who numerous girls have either left me before a relationship could take place or during a relationship when I told them. It seems many black folk are ultra religious and any mention of nothing believing is just crazy.

chas1 4 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It all stems from the relationship your having with yourself. If you keep finding yourself in the same old same old its because that’s what your attracted to. If you want a change in relationships then you have to change the relationship your having with yourself.

Yeah, I understand how you may see it that way. If you’re like me, It’s easy to have a negative outlook. You have to put the work in though. I know it’s easier said than done, and it’s not like I can always do it myself.

Good luck friend.

Oh...sounds like you will fit in quite well here. That's a compliment by the way. ?☮️

Man there’s a lot of weird fucking advice in this thread.

Yeah it’s gonna be a bitch @chas1

I know it's hard, but I follow a young woman on Twitter who is going through some of the same issues. I find her posts and comments strengthening, even though we don't share the same cultural history. Check out Nikki (@SkepticNikki): [twitter.com]

I feel the same way Bro!

It must be some bullshit. Oh wait I know how you feel

I'm a feminist, atheist, woman in the bible belt. I get it. It sucks. I've pretty much given up on dating until I can move.

I love your question!

I have found at least where I live, it is no different. One guy told me unless you tell me what you believe is better, then that is just crazy. My reply was that that is a personal exploration people usually do for themselves when they are young and I feel believing that any one religion has the real god figured out is just delusional or narcicistc.

I choose no religion or dogma except that having one precludes one to be open to other.options on god or if there is one. so maybe that belief is a dogma.

Don't give up keep trying to find an Atheist woman or a lover who keeps faith inside herself but do beware of believers who may want your smart sperm in their stupid xian eggs

Interesting question. As someone sharing your description, my experience has been this; the black women (3 I dated) 2 initially responded very negatively then after their shock wore off we saw each other. The 3rd did not care. It is all context I believe. If you are older and children are not on the table, then that eases things somewhat, IMO. Now, the women I have seen, not black, was not a issue at all. So you are correct, there is a extra level of programming/ poisoning that you will have to deal with, unfortunately.

Such is life. Their loss if they choose to discriminate, but that is something Christians often complain about and practice regularly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:245765
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.