Agnostic.com

24 11

Is it just me or does others find it undignified for our VP Mike Pence, who said that he 'ignored Kim Jong Un's sister.' If you are the leader of a country, would you not extend polite regard to someone that you encountered at a 'world function?' Being petty, makes VP Pence, look even smaller to me!

Am I being irrational?

Freedompath 9 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pence is operating under several delusions. Not the least of which is that he'll emerge from the Mueller investigation unscathed. He's dangerous, perhaps even more dangerous than 45.

I agree he's just as evil, but seems to be willing to work to advance his agenda, and he's not as stupid.

@JimG He's been willing to go along with all of this in order to achieve his goal. He wants to be President. He wants to use the presidency to make this country a theocracy. That's what makes him even more dangerous than 45. He is pure evil.

@KKGator oooh nooo Uncle Pemce is a good Christian soldier of Jesaz fucking christ Hisself..

@JimG That he seems to be willing to work to advance his agenda, and he's not as stupid is precisely what makes him more dangerous.

The whole cabinet is vile.

Mikey is afraid of women. A strong confident woman would probably have him pissing his tightie-whities in under a minute.

JimG Level 8 Feb 15, 2018

That entire administration is Petty..

One would think so, Freedompath. And no, you're not being irrational! He missed a golden opportunity to build a bridge, and he failed miserably!!

He's just doing his part to show the world how rational our current leaders are.

Nobody in this administration is dignified. For most of them, hypocrisy is a fundamental principle. (imo)

marga Level 7 Feb 15, 2018

You are right. But his religion and heart filled with hate cannot move his ego off for a minute.

Your talking about a guy that talks to himself, and goes around in the White House quoting scripture and saying god talks to him and tells him what to do.. what do you expect!

Mike Pence is an asshole. He doesn't trust himself with any other women unless his wife is there. What does that tell you about him?

He isn"t TRUSTWORTHY!

I think for the first time in American history we've elected children to office. And not just children, but brats, urchins, imps, devil's seed, children of the corn... and they are behaving as those types of children would. There have to be some amazing parents out there who have dealt with these types of kids who can tell us how we can quell some of the craziness.

It's The Lord of the Flies.

"mother" aka ( his wife) probably didn't let him talk to another woman.

Yes, respect is so important at these times. I fucking hate rude people.

100% right. And if it had been Putin he'd have kissed his shoes.

Lt's appalling that nobody in our government has any clue about, well, anything, but especially diplomacy. Pence only has one trick; go to a function,, then make a little parade of himself walking out. It was dumb at the football game, and it was even dumber in Korea. lt would be nice if we could manage to hang onto a couple of allies, but the only countries not mocking us to our face intend to use us for illicit deals in whatever. l'm positive Pence is gay, and it would take him having enthusiastic sex with a female in public to change my mind.

You have to wonder what a man like him is hiding...

@Freedompath Pence does not hide much his agenda to force all women to stay pregnant all students prEy to his alleged gawd in school defund secular schools increase illegal tax dollars to quack religious schools. ....Pence also does not hide much his accepted bribes from billionaires would got their giant tax cuts quid pro quo and his long career busting unions

Aw come on; stop picking on Trump's playmates! Children do what children do. What do you want, adult congnitive behaviour?

What can we expect from someone who thinks god talks to him?

I actually hope Pence runs, it will almost guarantee a defeat for the GOP.

Not irrational, and I commend you on your restraint with your adjectives here.

I try to pull out that logic and reason, but sometimes it is with great effort!

Pence is scared shitless of all females, will never be alone, even on an elevator with one. Not normal at all...........but what else is new?

NO Pence fan here

BUT

Kim Jon Uns Sister is the head of Propaganda in North Korea, any and every Photo op with her will be used by her ONLY as The Leader sees fit.
Do Anything with that particular woman is to feed their propagana machine.

Good point.

We here in America...I thought promoted democracy and diplomacy? Well...is it just lip service or ACTIONS, that prove our skill in these areas? I simply do not live in an imaginary world and when I see ACTIONS that represent something...then I can believe it is working out in real time! If we worried about what reactions, the other person will take on OUR sensible actions...we would all end up screwed! MINDREADING, is a dangerous game in democracy and diplomacy! I will do good, if you do good, too, just want pass muster in my book!

@Freedompath Let me elaborate. Goebells was Hitlers minister of Media, that is what this woman is for her brother, the Leader (who does not poop you know, much of the Nation of North Korea believes he never needs to poop, so entrenched is their propaganda.

South Korea does not believe a thing she is saying and are frankly surprised the western world sees it as anything real, because of who she is.

Were Pence to do some Photo Op with her, they will use that to spin who knows what to their own people? How can we be responsible for the gas they throw on a fire, just because it looks polite to do a pic or impolite not to?

@Davesnothere that has a ring of truth in it...but, we are not looking to good to the rest of the world, just now! And, we need support and respect...just in case! A friend in Vietnam, who keeps up with world views, tells me how we are practically made fun of now, in that part of the world! That only gives Kim, fuel...in my opinion! Let's not forget he was schooled in the US, he knows something about us. At least what we once were!

@Freedompath Oh we are looked at most unfondly with Trump at the head of State, but we don't make that better by acting cozt with serpents many know and consider exactly that.

@Davesnothere where did you get 'cozy' out of my comment? Paying regard to another human being has never been considered 'cozy' ...where I come from!

@Freedompath but a photo op can be spun that way by a propagandist, you just smile and nod politely, they capture that on film and play it up "Pence graciously pays Homage to . . ." That is How propaganda works.

If you give her a grain of sand, she can turn it into a beach

I do not support Kim Jong Un- but there is something to think about. If Viet Nam had had nuclear weapons, and delivery, the French wouldn't have been there, followed by the American 'liberators'. They wouldn't have had to be treated to the horror of napalm, the slow deaths and birth defects of Agent Orange----or the thrill of having mega tons of explosives dropped on them.----Now there is the question of which is crazier, Trump or Mr. Kim Jong Un?

Agree

"Petty Pence" sounds good.

...and he is under the allusion...he represents the American people! He has only managed to bring out the worst...in nearly every one of us!

His excuse is that bro&sis murdered their brother in an airport with biological weapon and she is propaganda minister hiding the facts how people are starving by the hundreds of thousands and the huge prison population. .....I hate Pence for his insane religious policies and how he brags he is: Ruuuuusssssaaaaahhhh Dingy Crazy LimpBOSS on decaf"

Yes...it can certainly be expressed the way you put it! What is a BIG mystery to me is...is why an ex governer, probably way more formally educated than me, does not know how to extend simply 'regard' toward another human being? I grew up very poor, got GED.and one year of college, and I know that 'regard' is just good manners! But, in Pence's case it would show that Americans can rise above the frey...we have dignity! It could even bring Kim, to hesitate...my god, 'Rome wasn't built in a day!' I think I SEE too much...I would like to be in this world to see how this all plays out...but it seems that to turn this situation around, it will take some elected officials with SOME vision and most of those people we have elected, can't even find a solution to our immmagration issue...it seems to be above their level of intelligence!

@Freedompath true diplomacy could have included a ready message side by side Korean-English declaring a delay in meeting with bro or sis until human rights violations are admitted and are visibly improving. ...of course commending both sets of Korean athletes marching together under both flags opening Olympic ceremonies

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.