Agnostic.com

23 2

How did you spend Valentine's Day?

Mark9393 6 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Same as every other Wednesday. The only difference was that I was painting the bathroom. That doesn't happened every week.

Yeah... peeling paint in the bathroom is a bane of many people's existence! CURSE YOU TACO BELL!!!
😛

@HeyHiHullo Taco Bell isn't my problem, I won't eat there. Before moving in, there was a serious leak on the outside wall. It hasn't been repaired until recently. The interior walls have suffered. Plus, they were painted an icky gray.

@KKGator well if something is seriously leaking on your outside wall... then they have an aiming problem, bent pecker, or peeping tom issue!

@HeyHiHullo Haha. You very funny.

@KKGator awwww geee THANKS!

I'm married and a bit old fashioned so I snuck roses and a card for my wife to find when she woke up in the morning. Her birthday is Saturday, she already knows a special order gift is on the way. Meanwhile my granddaughter was just born on the 13th so from now on February is a trifecta.

Good for you... always good to know the date it is. Keep you off trouble. Keep it up.

Pretended to work while my colleague actually worked, stopped to buy Skyy Vokda and Perrier to have valentines cocktails with my cats.

Hope you have them catnip.

How did they like the vodka? I can just imagine a bunch of drunk cats!

I worked for 12 hours, and then at the request of my daughter, I bought 3 pairs of shoes and a large package of socks and took them to a homeless shelter.

JimG Level 8 Feb 15, 2018

@Shelton so do I. Sometimes I almost feel like I got something right. 😀

I treated as any other day.

Shoveled snow and went to Buddhist basics class at the Dharma center, where I distributed little origami gift boxes, emblazoned with a Dharma wheel and the slogan "Presence is a gift", containing a red felt heart and three plastic gem beads (symbolizing the "triple gem" of Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha).

Last week my truck was stuck in the slush and I needed a push to get going as I was leaving class. I wanted to give the guys who helped me a token of my appreciation, and I didn't want to leave anyone out. Then I realized what day it was, and I knew I had the perfect smokescreen!

The day passed as any other, No notice or mention of anything holiday related. We do not observe religious or consumer days. 🙂

Awesome! I try to abstain as well. Just another day!

@jayneonacobb After 12 I did not wish to observe my birthday either, Drove my mother nuts,

Had a very productive and cathartic day at work.. Came home and talked with my neighbors around the coals of yesterday's ‘joint burn pile.’ Played with the neighbor dogs.. Fixed my basic meal for one, and played some solitaire while listening to an audiobook..

Varn Level 8 Feb 15, 2018

I ignored it.

With a six pack, my parrot and the internet. Also talking to my crush/New love interest. (Too early for a Valentine's date.)

Working.
Then took my son to Cracker Barrel because he wanted PANCAKES!!!

Good Father.

Binge watching Supernatural.

Jealous,

A friend at work bought me a mini box of chocolates. I made dinner, opened the chocolates and had a big glass of wine. Slept like a baby! 🙂

Hoping not to spend next Valentines Day alone, though. 🙂

Spent the morning running around trying to get my daughter's car back because she waited til it was repo'd before telling me she needed help. I would never admit this to anyone I or she knew in real life LOL

They had said they would wait til end of month when she would have her tax check but guess they didn't believe her. In her defense, she missed a lot of work this past year because her son accidentally ingested muriatic acid and spent a lot of time in the hospital over the last year and a half.

Got on here for a bit, showed up an hour early to pick up kids at school, came home and started dinner, went back and got kids at correct time then came home and found out about the shooting.

Spent the rest of the day watching/reading about that.

My Valentine day started last Friday. Takes a week at least... It won't end until I arrive to Las Vegas via Florida as I see it so this time is the Long, Extended Edition of St Valentine Day. To My Pleasure because I never been Afraid of the Day. Maryland/DC segment ends tomorrow. To me never been like any other day... for that I got any other day. But what I do with my heart... in the "playground" is my Biz. A lot of dancing activity if you wonder because there are a lot of dancing activities around Saint Valentine.

ha, I started work at 7-30 setting up the community pantry for our local community church.
Then got the bookstore running,
organised my gardeners for the day, sorted some of my distance ed students, taught a short class on computers then went back and packed everything back up again finishing with the church.
Thought I had finished, got home and phone went crazy and ended up negotiating energy contracts with a couple of new power companies. Such is life. My real work is done at home, feed fish, chooks, harvest, cook etc

Spent about 4 hours in a dive bar with my kid after having had to pack us all up, dogs included to evacuate neighborhood due to a horrific gas leak that made us sick for hours.
We watched Olympic pairs skating on mute in said bar to the jukebox playing old ACDC
So that was exciting ...

I worked all day and then went home and masturbated, using my tears of sadness and loneliness as lubricant.

Nah, I'm just messin’! I did work all day, dealing with managerial morons (redundant, I know), then I went home and ate dinner and went to bed. It was pretty much identical to every other day.

It was quite warm that day, and windy by the shore. Too nice outside for me not to go on my usual trail blazing and spot some wildlife. As I figured, all the animals were out too so I spent some time chilling with a couple deer and wild turkeys who are all too used to humans now lol. So that killed my afternoon before heading back home, having some whiskey, and killing the rest of my night trying to complete one of my games. So pretty normal off work day 🙂

Worked. Came home, fed the cat, changed, got on here for a while, ran and picked up some tacos at my new favorite taco place, got back on here while eating my tacos, straightened the kitchens, changed into pj's, started streaming Netflix and Hulu, got a text from a friend, texted and then talked for almost two hours, went to bed. Nice evening.

Not doing Valentines day.????

Khmm Level 5 Feb 16, 2018

My houseguest and I had dinner at 12A Buoy. She left to go home to Grand Rapids this am. You?

My houseguest and I had dinner at 12A Buoy. She left to go home to Grand Rapids this am. You?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24657
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.