Agnostic.com

15 2

Besides a partner or desire to find one, what helps bring meaning and purpose to your lives?

Acharyasman55 6 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't had a partner for a very long time, mostly by choice. And though I'd like one, what's been vital for me has been learning to love and appreciate myself. For way too long I lived in the shadows, not taking good care of myself and putting my needs on the back-burner. What's bringing meaning to my life is acknowledging and embracing what I want and approaching everything with a new-found curiosity, and then being able to connect with other people in a real way.

Gifting. It makes me very happy to craft something for someone, then to gift it to them.

Donuts

The only purpose in life is the one we choose.

Writing. Creating characters and stories has a very rewarding aspect to it. I also think watching stories, listening to stories, telling stories... they add so much to life.

Mostly my kids.

JimG Level 8 Feb 15, 2018

If you want your life to have meaning, try giving meaning to the lives of others. -AronRa

My love of drawing, sculpting and my dogs and fish.

These adorable beings🙂

I do not have a partner and have no real desire to find one. Loving my family, traveling and being in nature and observing it's wonders, listening to music, having the freedom to live my life as I see fit, living a stress and worry free life brings meaning and purpose to my life.

I love this. Yes!

Freedom... nature... security... education... income... opportunity... family... travel... people... you can be all you want to be if you think of how you want to retire. So many times i wanted to quit a job and I stuck it out... I got a pension now... study to be the next best thing and you'll never go wrong. My son is a mechanic... and he's studying to be a crane operator. He's doing the next best thing...education ....gets security...

Whatever I decide it is, depending on my mood and what I have to do that day.

I think we need to believe we ourselves...are the purpose! We bring our unique skills and talents to this life and then we work to perfect them! If what we do promotes us toward our better self... want that benefit us and everyone who we are in contact with? Don't we all have our special beauty in the tapestry of life?

The simple act of waking up each morning..

I feel you there, sister!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24694
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.