Agnostic.com

6 2

LINK Tesla's new Solar Roof is actually cheaper than a normal roof | Inhabitat - Green Design, Innovation, Architecture, Green Building

This is a major game changer in solar panels for your roof... Tesla guarantees the panels for life!

DGJ0114 7 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll believe it when I see it on a house near me.

That’s awesome!

I'm thinking of a string of Xmas lights when one goes out the whole string goes out. I'm curious how reliably they tie in with each other.

You are right to be worried. Even the string inverters for solar panels suck. I use to work for a solar company so I know. This has been in the works for awhile. It's a great idea and revolutionize the solar industry IF proven to be efficient. There is also the warranty to worry about. It might be cheaper but in the end it could cost more. I would stick with micro inverters for now.

I am suspicious. The old adage that if it's too good to be true it probably isn't. When we had our roof replaced a lot of the cost were labor. Something that is weatherproof and produces energy can't be cheaper than a composition. Also involved is a lot of electronics, meters, controllers, wiring, converters and on. I have solar and the panels were only a small part of the cost.

I hope it is real news. I worked for a company that had a contract with Tesla, and the prospects were good....

Damn, I just put a new roof on my house!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:247671
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.