Agnostic.com

10 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually not as dumb as it seems. Technically murder (which lynching definitely is) is a crime in all 50 states. However in some states the murder of a minority person is never successfully prosecuted (often never prosecuted at all) The feds sometimes stepped in and prosecuted people for depriving the victim of his civil rights. Now the federal prosecution can be for the more descriptive term lynching rather than depriving of civil rights. Yes it is just a matter of semantics, but take what comfort you can wherever you can.

Too bad this crime can't be prosecuted retroactively.

The fact that this had to be voted on - as if it could EVER not be considered a crime under any circumstances - speaks volumes about the human race. (or should I say "inhuman race" ?)

Lynching definition from wikipedia [en.wikipedia.org] - "premeditated extrajudicial killing by a group"

So glad we cleared that up. For so long now I thought it was so unfair how I could be charged with murder if I killed alone, but all these group killings were legal! Eye roll...

More useless laws, passed by useless politicians, to justify their useless job.

It took a hundred years of off and on votes. Maybe they saw what the Portuguese did: they stuffed politicians in dumpsters.

Pretty freakin' pathetic.
Now we have to wait an see if 45 signs it into law.
Should we start a pool bet?

@Byrdsfan Huh?????

@Byrdsfan Ahh. Had a feeling. No worries.

At least there’s something they could agree on.

what Irony that the person presiding was Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith

[crooksandliars.com]

It wasn't??????

Here we are in 2018 and they are just now deciding this?!!! What a sad comment on our society!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:247693
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.