Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Here are 11 kinds of Bible verses Christians love to ignore | Alternet

I've read different variations of this article before... Always good for a few laughs!

DGJ0114 7 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Was aware of the first nine.

If it wasn't for Jesus Christ the Son of God what would you have to talk about? Boring!

“One Solitary Life”

“He was born in an obscure village, the of a peasant woman. He grew up in still another village, where He worked in a carpenter shop until He was 30. Then for three years He was an itinerant preacher. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never had a family or owned a house. He didn't go to college. He never visited a big city. He never traveled 200 miles from the place where he was born. He did none of the things one usually associates with greatness. He had no credentials but himself. He was only 33 when the tide of public opinion turned against Him. His friends ran away. He was turned over to His enemies and went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed to a cross between two thieves. While He was dying, his executioners gambled for His clothing, the only property He had on earth. When He was dead, He was laid in a borrowed grave, through the pity of a friend.

Nineteen (twenty) centuries have come and gone, and today He is the central Figure of the human race and the Leader of mankind's progress. All the armies that ever marched; all the navies that ever sailed; all the parliaments that ever sat; all the kings that ever reigned -- put together; have not affected the life of man on this earth as much as that one solitary life.”

I’m long past caring what is in the Bible, but still it is an amusing article. To be fair, most of the scriptures quoted are pre-Christian from the Old Testament.

A couple of things that Christians like to ignore: Jesus had his disciples “borrow” a donkey without permission for Jesus to ride into Jerusalem in order that prophecy be fulfilled. Huh? That and “The kingdom of God is within you”, Not much talk in fundamentalist circles about that.

As far as I’m concerned those fundamentalists can be as irrational as they please so long as they don’t try to force their stupidity on me.

The not eating certain water animals in Leviticus should cover beaver, but the Catholic Church issued a dispensation for Catholics in the Americas to eat them and muscrats because the lent probation of meat allows animals that swim in the water. To this day, during Lent, especially in Louisiana and parts of Canada, beaver barbeques are popular. I've eaten some strange things, but no beaver or muskrat.

Some beaver is ok to eat! Lmao!

@mikebeed ok. That kind I've had. Chewed but didn't swallow.

@mikebeed
I heard the only meat a priest could eat on fridays was Nunn

@Haemish1 Actually they eat 'nunn' as often as they like....LOL.

And that’s like, all of them, right? Or all except the ones that serve their own selfish needs.

It would make s good Outer Limits episode. A secular Star Trekian world meets another race that promises so much. At the end, as the main scientist climbs onto the space ship, someone screams "it's to serve their own selfish needs, a religion."

@Beowulfsfriend The bible is filled with self contradictions and contradictions with reality. That's why I figured out religions was BS with I was a young school-age child.

Yes. I have much respect and admiration for Dr. Tarico!

Agreed. Haven't read her books but her youtube channel is fantastic. Love the way she teamed up with Truthsurge to make quality video productions.

Basically, anything they find inconvenient or awkward...

Carin Level 8 Dec 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:247696
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.