Agnostic.com

8 3

As a general default setting, is music on at your house?

In college and later I always had either the radio or a dvd or lp playing some sort of tunes.
Then (blame the woman, of course) my ex said she doesn't like having music on, in general (one of those things that somehow never came to light until After our 3 year courtship).
Now, I have signed up for Pandora, and music fills the air again.

• 3 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 7 votes
CallMeDave 8 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When NPR broadcasts music, I have music. Whehn I play my Favorites from playlist, I have music. Mostly, I have silence.

Not often. Since playing music is what I do, and I continually have songs running through my head, I appreciate the silence.

Always.

You're so hip

@CallMeDave nah... I just like to dance!

@SukiSue now there's a video I need to see.

Always. My 90s Spotify playlist is a thing of glory

Remi Level 7 Dec 23, 2018

When I worked at home I always had music playing (radio). Now I am retired so I am in and out and either forget to turn it on or am too lazy to plug the jack into the back of my computer for Pandora. I always have music playing when people come over. We used to only listen to CDs and have over 100 in a player that holds 200 but even then you get tired of hearing the same stuff.

OCJoe Level 6 Dec 22, 2018

My house can be dead silent even with all my critters around (even with my four rowdy dogs). I listen to music on my phone with earbuds on because not everyone would want to listen to what I listen to (especially when it's eardrum busting loud heavy metal). I play calming or upbeat music where I work, most of the time but not all of the time. If I need concentration for my tasks, I require total silence.

I used to have music on most of the time. The ex had to have the tv on nearly 24/7 so I haven't caught up on my silence yet. I have an mp3 player that plays while I sleep though.

I live with a continuous soundtrack! I typically have Pandora or iTunes on at home, or XM Sirius in the car. Anyone who asks me to turn the music off is not someone I will choose to hang with for much longer.

I honestly thought we music addicts were a rare breed. So many turn the music off when they "grow up".

Zster Level 8 Dec 22, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:249413
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.