Agnostic.com

9 1

Why are you not religious?

I realize there are a lot of reasons but hopefully I've hit all the bases.
I am thankful that I was exposed to various religious views and was able to see at a young age that the non uniformity was the best argument agains all of them.

• 1 vote
  • 12 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 15 votes
ThomasLevi 6 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My favourite answer to do you believe in GOD?

Kitz Level 4 Mar 7, 2018

A deity and evolution are incompatible

I read the bible and the koran and decided that fairy tales were for children

I was always a skeptic (trust issues), but the hypocrisy I ran into during my time in church really turned me off to the whole practice. The sheer number of times I was told I'm going to hell...

I was so religious that I was certain that there was nothing that wasn't true about the Bible. I was completely unafraid to investigate anything I choose to "know God better" after years of investigation into many things I eventually had to admit to myself that it was a lie and I did not believe.

I was not bought up to believe in magic so, it's reliance on magic made it total nonsense to me.

My family are not religious and so it never took, it always seemed pretty boring to me and going nowhere .

Religious people are some the most dishonest people I know, but as long as they gave money to the church they were praised like saints for their godliness. I was amazed at how often god told them that what they wanted to do was what he also wanted them to do.

When I finally realized that it made no sense to damn a person for being gay (or and addict, etc) but allow a serial sinner a pass to heaven as long as they were saved.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25137
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.