Agnostic.com

12 15

We all have been in situations like this.. anyone care to share..

mistymoon77 9 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Obviously, this post has been here a while, but, here goes.....
If you don't know what an early american iron furnace is, picture stones, 4' long x 2' wide x 2' high stacked into a pyramid/chimney structure about 20-25 ft high.
an average sized person would only go about halfway up that doorway.
Now picture me as a teen, with my first real boyfriend showing him the sights of this area. Imagine me trying to impress him by climbing this thing!!!
NOW imagine me stuck halfway up, not able to come back down, cause I can't see my feet!

Oh no.. got a good way to impress your first boyfriend. That is one memory and story for the books. Thanks for sharing.

Also, one of my little sister's got her head stuck in a bike rack. We all thought that was pretty hilarious. Due to her crying and struggling, it took a while to get her little head out of there. And believe it or not, that's the last time she ever stuck her head in a bike rack

I'm sure that was a moment she will always remember, never stick your head in something where it doesn't belong.. 🙂

Guess this parallels sticking your tongue to a flagpole when it's freezing out.. Closest I've come was rock-climbing as a kid, I put my hands on 2 boulders, intending to lift my feet high enough to leap through and over them, obviously one of my feet didn't quite clear, all I remember was waking up, sitting up at the bottom of the boulders with a mild case of shock (everything was surreally mellow, that kind of shock)

I can not feel that puppies pain. The only place I remember was in a completely different context. In the sixties I was camping about twenty miles off road at a designated camping spot in Yosemite (it might have been RAINBOW FALLS). I had encountered a big black bear early in the day. It walked through our camp ground while we were eating lunch! We wondered why the bear didn't just eat us? We just ate dinner and we raced to the the out house. I got there first, and my buddy told me,"Hey there is a bear out side the out house"! I said "Bull Shit", and he replied "I can show you! "I said open the door". He carefully used a stick to open my door. He said, "See I told ya". If I ever had a problem dealing with call to nature it was then. That was the biggest bear ever saw at 10' , and I never seen a bigger bear! I just yelled, "Close the god damm door, throw a rock at him!! It was like magic, and I was out of the squeeze😉

Once as a kid zipped my scrotum into my shorts while camping. My father unzipped me. As an adult I can't but wonder how he didn't just lose it laughing. You'd think I'd have learned but as an adult I brilliantly decided to fry bacon while nude. And I'm tall!

I think just about every mom (or dad) has had to unzip their son at least once, Trust me, he was probably laughing inside. I know I was when I had to unzip both of my boys.

@kiramea 🙂 🙂

Oh, poor puppy. 😟

Betty Level 8 Feb 16, 2018

When my sister and I were 5 & 8 respectively, we didn’t have access to a pool as yet. So during one summer my dad setup a pole in the yard with a hose connected to the top. Acting sort of like an outdoor shower. On a particularly hot summer day, my sister and I would take turns running toward the pole to get wet. On one of my sisters turns she ran head first into the pole. She was knocked out.

On a separate occasion we went fishing on a pier on Sunset Beach NC. We were all cover relatively well with sunscreen and whatever was necessary to keep ourselves from getting sunburned. I had recently had my hair cut very short. I didn’t think anything about wearing a hat. So I somehow managed to get a bad sunburn on the top of my head and nowhere else.

I once watched one of my cousins run full tilt into a tree - dragging his snow sled behind him. - I don't know if I've ever laughed that hard since? I had no time to get the words out - and bam! (He deserved it anyway - he was the creepy cousin). My older brother and I had to compose ourselves before going into the house trying to look sad (because he broke his eyeglasses).

@MrLizard And now you should see a dermatologist once a year for skin checks. Ouch!

@MrLizard Also if you ever get a burn like that again? Lidocaine Ointment is such a huge help. I fried my arms red this Summer at the Brimfield Flea Market on an overcast day. Aloe vera mixed with Lidocaine ointment let me sleep over the next few nights.

@MrLizard Ah yes the wonders of being burned. Glad you know to get checked. It was my brother who was all "Yeah see the derm once a year now" and I'm all "For what?". Because we were pasty white people who grew up without sunscreen!

Riding a wheelie on extended fork bicycle around 8. Fork came off when landing. Testicles hit bolt. Mom and neighbor lady 2 inches away inspecting for all they were worth. Maybe only real time I needed a God!!! hahaha

My cousin Sean came off his seat (at the base of a big hill) - hit the connecting bar and somersaulted over the handlebars. - His cousins and Aunts and Uncles all came to visit while he was holed up in bed! rofl - I didn't know what a testicle was at that age! I did however know he was in pain.

My kid around age 18 months got his head stuck between bars in our gate and of course panicked. I found the story of a child that got the head stuck between the fangs of the Jaguar in Jacksonville Alltel stdm. Forcing the filing of the fang... it was given to him has a memento.

Last summer my dog saw a turtle on it's back. She recognized the problem and nosed the turtle right side up.. I was impressed.

Ok I'm in love with your dog!

@RavenCT

Me too. 🙂

I was the kid that got his tongue stuck on the frozen pipe. I'm glad there's no pictures.

One thing folks who've never been there don't realize is.... boys playing. One boy gets tongue stuck...Where do you suppose young boys find warm water to thaw that tongue? Think it through.

@Dick_Martin I've stuck my tongue to a pole (in the name of science) unless you're somewhere really cold all you need is to concentrate your breath. (Phew!). Because - ugh!

fortunately the teachers poured water from a clean glass until i was freed.

@Dick_Martin

Gross.

@RavenCT Continuing the theme of "Christmas Story" stories – I am the kid who almost "shot his eye out" with a BB gun. I was about 8 or 9 years old and my older brother and I were practicing by shooting at a paper target attached to the back of the garage. He was doing much better than me, so when he got called inside for a minute I walked up to the target and put the end of the barrel about 6 inches from the bulls-eye and pulled the trigger. Ricochet - right back and hit me in the eye. Fortunately, it hit the edge of my eyelid and no permanent damage was done. No wonder I'm not a gun owner.

@PappyOnWings rofl - It's only funny because we know it had to happen to someone!
That's why when you shoot a firearm you wear eye protection (and a hat if you don't want a hot cartridge in your hair).

As kids my brother and I had a BB Gun that shot in a curve. rofl.... My Dad had been in Korea and actually taught us some common sense gun basics.

That would be the night I fell into the toilet. Yup bf had left the seat up and I had a bad knee. (Now repaired) - Needed help getting out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25140
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.