Agnostic.com

49 6

Do you trust the government as a source of information?

When finding information or quoting sources, do you find government websites a reliable source?

• 11 votes
  • 43 votes
  • 41 votes
  • 11 votes
silvereyes 8 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments (26 - 49)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

for the most part yes

It depends on the subject. There are a few trustworthy officials left, e.g., Bernie, Adam Schiff, a few others.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 17, 2018

What branch of the government? Some agencies I trust more than others, but the Government on a whole? No not really. I think we are spoonfed bullshit consistently and constantly.

I trust to question Everything. 😉

Sadoi Level 7 Feb 19, 2018

@silvereyes ah okay. I have limited trust in most things government controlled.

Are you kidding? Even the IRs has no clue. You can call for information 3 times and get three contradicting answers. You also can't believe anything said by this administration or the republican congress.

IT depends on the department . itelligence and FBI yes the rest no way they have all been done in by trumpy

Not THIS government.

I don't listen to their opinions, I value the data.

No way, how can anyone trust the 2 greatest psychopaths and liars in the world- Government and Centro banking.

Give me creativeity and empathy.

Howdy ,
New here and I was just gonna rubberneck , but on third thought...........
Ya know old Eric Blair ( aka. George Orwell ) wrote so eloquently about what most believe is conceptual in his description of " The Ministry of Propaganda". Fact of the matter is , Mr Blair spoke from first hand knowledge,having worked for said ministry from 1940 to 44. That ministry better know as the "BBC". In fact he left prior to the end of the festivities better know as WW2, (read as "culling the heard" ) I guess the the queens well polished and luxuriously upholstered shitbag of Propaganda left sir Eric with a burr under his saddle cause what he consequently wrote about said ministry in 1984 (the novel) was every bit as much about
the BBC brand of doublespeak as it was the communist brand.
Yet another thought.......
Allen Ginsberg ( not Bull Lee) coin the term "Naked Lunch" as a reaction to the medias reaction to the Supreme Court case of his poem Howl.
A restaurant full of naked people whom are so blown away by each others nudity that they fail to see what's on the end of their forks.......
At best sensationalism, at worst , misinformations.boot of oppression.
One of the first media moguls , Horace Greely said.
"You can always pay one half of the poor, to kill the other half"
Why stop at half....?
Use media to "divide and conquer", and divide and divide and divide......that way the half you have to pay is smaller and smaller and smaller.......
Sound business principals .........

I don't know what to trust anymore. People are never in the loop to know the real truth about what's going on. It's the news people that dig for answers that want to be first with a cover-up that keep us aware of things. We would of never known about Nixon's crime if it hadnt of been for the news paper digging into it.

not the current administration!

I trust my government to give me a lot of information. Now, if you ask me do I trust that information...

British government wouldn't trust them with a barge pole we are totally in the you know what and have ridiculous M'P.s I fear for us completely.

No, they're all about themselves pretending to care about us. they are professional liars.

sums them all up really

Healthy, and I do mean VERY healthy skepticism is employed any time I am processing the information fed to us by those in charge who are supposed to be serving us. Largely, I think that our government has sold out to corporate interests at the expense of productivity for individuals. Some, like the FDA, I trust about as far as I can throw my car. Others, refer to the first sentence, and we'll see.

No, no & no! quite refreshing to be with the majority for once in my life 😀

Not the slightest

In general, no.
But especially with this current administration

Depends on whose in charge. I never trusted that idiot Obama. Trump I trust.

Only those government agencies that are science-based and data-driven. In other words, not much.

I do not trust the government. With NSA listening to our phones, monitoring our computers, and tracking our credit cards: Hell No! I could talk about lobbyist, but we can do that another time😉

State Run Propaganda? I am not living in Germany in 1933. So Nope.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25291
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.