Agnostic.com

9 21

Bill Maher to Southerners: "The Confederacy's Over!"

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hi how are you doing

And, unfortunately, those reenactments aren't just done in the south.

Yes we have these idiots here in Astoria who drive around with a confederate flag and an American flag on the back of their trucks. I have no idea who they are trying to intimidate.

@dalefvictor

People who fly the Confederate flag are trying to intimidate minorities.

"The Confederate flag stands for racism, plain and simple," a black waiter told me in Georgia.

The Georgia restaurant wall was covered with a Confederate flag. I had asked if the Confederate flag offended black employees like it offends me.

@dalefvictor Astoria, WA?

@Condor5 Astoria, Oregon four miles from Washington, if you can drive, at least five if you swim.

@dalefvictor I have/had relatives there, just never got the border straight in my mind. I'm somewhat surprised to hear there are Confederate flagwavers up there.

I am sick of seeing Confederate flags here in the South. We need to get over racism, white supremacy and slavery. The last thing we need is to return to it.

The same people who want African Americans to get over slavery, just cannot shut up about their Confederate heritage.

**Confederacy**-After most wars, the vanquished get it, but not so in The South. What should be banners of shame and defeat are currently flown and worn with pride. Instead of a White Flag, the Stars and Bars are emblematic of this failed and decaying culture. Every year grown men stumble around drunkenly, wearing newly-sprouted beards and Confederate Uniforms, so they can honor the Confederacy with what they call Civil War Reenactments. For some reason these people want to reenact and relive battles that they lost. Just as unbelievable, there are organizations, such as The Sons of Confederate Veterans , “to honor soldiers who fought for the Confederacy and [and I quote] “personified the best qualities of America”. Really? Which qualities are those, living in ignorance and squalor, or just enslaving other human beings?

-From The ABC's of Redneck Culture [ruthlessreviews.com]

@GuyKeith

I love the hilarious "ABCs of Redneck Culture" so much, I saved it on my computer under the Learning tab, formerly reserved for learning Spanish.

After moving to Wenatchee, I have been confounded by yahoos who:

1. Illegally dump trash in wilderness gullies, conveniently located beside dirt roads;

2. Love illegally muddin', destroying fragile watersheds and meadows;

3. Shoot up rural road signs, turning them into swiss cheese; and/or

4. Proudly fly the Confederate flag, inevitably on a pickup truck.

I don't understand this mentality. "The ABCs of Redneck Culture" gave me insight. Thanks.

@LiterateHiker I had a lot of fun writing it. I considered the "C" and the "U" to be the best of the ABCs.

Ah yes, the flag that unites losers everywhere. They think that if they could go back they would be owners of vast plantations, sipping mint juleps on the veranda. In reality they would be dirt poor sharecroppers. Aren't delusions great?

Maher lost all my respect with his virulent support of shrillary.

Well some people insist on being idiots...so......

and, Maher’s still right on ~

I wouldn't call his support of Hillary "virulent" so much as deferring to objective reality. Once Bernie was out, there were only two genuinely viable candidates; Hillary and Trump. One look at both resumes should tell anyone who the best qualified candidate was.

@expatri back up to that Bernie is out part

@CallMeDave Could you clarify?

Bill Maher is a class act. And I just love that hint of mischief. You can see the cheeky boy in the man. 😀

Ohio, where I was born, is actually WAY more racist and backward than SC where I live.

& you guys lost.

Carin Level 8 Dec 27, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:252943
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.