Agnostic.com

10 3

Does Being On Agnostic.com Alot, Cause Any Issues In Your Home With Family ?

I guess this question is for those of you who are married or have partners.

I was wondering if being on here alot causes and issues between your partner or other family Members?

Does your partner know about this site?

Considering we spend alot of time here I was curious.

• 11 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
twshield 8 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No option for no partner so no problem or how about Is it An Issue because other thing in your life are not getting done? lol
I did not vote.

I found this site after becoming single again, so the questionnaire doesn't apply, but I CAN say that me being an atheist caused problems. Plenty of other things caused problems, too, but for the sake of this discussion, we'll just focus on that facet.
A little more than a year before we split, she started taking classes at the local bell, book, and candle witchcraft/magic-rock shop/wish-factory and every Saturday night for a year she went and 'learned' about how to be a pagan-witch-wiccan-whatever and for that whole time I tried to be respectful of her efforts and studies and beliefs, but I think that, even without our other deep-seated issues, this might have been enough to bring an eventual end to the relationship. I know it strained her feelings toward me just because she knew my views on all forms of religion, and I KNOW it strained MY feelings because there were times I couldn't stand listening to her go on about spells and what powers certain rocks had and wave-vibrations (yeah... I guess witches are trying to incorporate some physics into their shit to re-brand their image for the 21st century), and blah, blah, blah. So for me, yeah, I think being agnostic/atheist would cause a problem in a relationship, be it friend, family, or lover. It can upset them, but it can also upset US. You know?

No one knows I'm on this site. I am an adult. Not anyone's business. While I don't go around announcing I am an agnostic I do point out to friends that the only religious item to be found in my house is a needlepoint picture of the Lord's Prayer made by my late mother-in-law.

My partner died in 2006. The kids and pets are fine with it. (;

Zster Level 8 Feb 17, 2018

I live alone . I have friends that know I'm here , but could care less . My family knows I'm online all day , but that's all they know . . .

Dougy Level 7 Feb 17, 2018

No partner, no issue... 🙂

I don't have a partner, and I would not choose one who doesn't support or at least not make a big deal of my beliefs, or lack there of.

no issue because there's no partner 😛 the dogs think it's damn cool

No partner to worry about my Agnostic.com habits.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 17, 2018

No partner. No problems.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25450
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.