Agnostic.com

5 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But.... but.... I thought that competition was supposed to drive the price down!

I wonder how the people who voted for Donald feel now when they have to pay more. Are they happy, do they blame him? Probably not.

No, it will somehow become the Democrats' fault.

@Condor5 We seem to have the same problem here in Australia, the party in power (so called Liberals) blame everything on Labor so much that it’s now a joke.

@Jolanta fault-finding in others relieves one of responsibility; look at what Trump just tweeted about the kids who died at the border.

Greed, greed and more greed.

There has ye tot be a case where privatization has not raised costs and/or reduced the quality of services.. usually after a few years and peoel are no longer paying attention.

Kind of like hwo they came otu with all those high scores at Charter schools, but they didnt' mentiontht the schools only accepted students who already performed well. Then after a few years scores for most of those charter schools, dropped below regular public schools, even though they cherry picked their students with the higher scores to start.

A for profit system demands cuttign corners for higher profits. Always. There are soem things which simply shoudl never be privatized. Healthcare and education are just two.

[businessinsider.com]

That's why they were so anti-Obamacare.

I agree completely.

You can throw utilities in there too. Those should never have been a for profit enterprise; ref. California wildfires.

@Condor5 I object primarily to the idea of a private company owning a monopoly in providing utility services. Customers can't go elsewhere for services. Yes, often they cut corners in terms of maintenance, which seems to be hew that fire in North California started.

@snytiger6 not just that fire...

it just became insurance then

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:254550
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.