Agnostic.com

9 0

If I move to Israel, would I have to join the military? Should I join the Israeli military if there? Am I too old to join the military? Israeli, American, or otherwise?

I have the ethnic requirements to move there. I don't really have the money.

SeanBab 4 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

do what you fucking like , just don't burden us with your insecurities

Join the murders . . . .

THHA Level 7 Jan 1, 2019

Why would you want to, unless you want to go and kill Palestinians, throw them out of their homes, wake the kids up in the middle of the night, kill journalists, uproot their olive trees, spray their water with rubbish, turn off their electricity and water, harass them on every point you can, put their kids into jails without trail, refuse them getting around even in their own places, bomb their homes as revenge, refuse them humanitarian help, etc, etc. Go ahead, enjoy.

You don’t need any money just go to your temple and tell your Rabbi that you want to go to Israel and serve then most likely he’ll get in contact with one the sponsors for the FDIF and you’ll meet with them and if there’s no reason that you can’t leave or go into Israel then they’ll get you there and you’ll be killing Palestinians or attempting to invade Syria in no time.

It was 1995 and we were in the common room of a youth hostel in Jerusalem. There was this young guy drinking orange juice. Now when I say he was drinking orange juice it was like he was in training for the world orange juice drinking finals. There were 7 litre cartons on the table and he guzzled it down out of pint glass. I had to ask "What gives with all the juice?"
"Well I have my medical for the army tomorrow and I`ve been told that OJ will flush any pot out of my system."
"What happens if theres pot in your system?"
"Oh I go to jail for a month"
"Well thats better than the army yeah?"
"Oh no you go straight into the army after the jail sentence"
"When did you last smoke a joint?"
"Last night"
"Mmmmm best of luck"

I was in Gadna, Junior Army at 16. It was an experiment to integrate American/Canadien kids with Israelis. Totally failed. We were segregated from Israelis. IDK about service requirements at your age. You are welcome to checkout Jewish by Culture. Why do you want to relocate there?

moving to israel and becoming a citizen are not the same thing. you are qualified for citizenship but you still have to apply. until you do, and have it granted, you are just american, and have no military obligation. once applied for and granted, you may or may not have a military obligation. i suspect you may. but your citizenship would be dual at any rate.

if you haven't got the money the whole thing's moot, right?

g

I have no love for Israel. It’s a near apartheid state. You can choose to serve and murder whom you wish but Netanyahu is as dirty as 45.

netanyahu is not israel any more than 45 is america, and although the palestinian situation is bad and has innocent palestinian victims, apartheid is not an apt comparison. palestinians do not live segregatedly within israel itself, excluding the palestinian territories from that description. arabs serve in the knesset. arabs within israel have full rights. apartheid is an easy word to fling about but it indicates something within israel that simply isn't true. this is not to deny the actual horrific problem but don't call it something it isn't.

g

@genessa we’ll agree to disagree. Having a few token Arabs( christian, Bedouin, etc) on the Knesset is fine. My statement was near apartheid as the Arabs in the West Bank have no voting rights, no citizenship and thier movements are seriously restricted.

@Green_eyes i said excluding the territories. and they do not WANT israeli citizenship. they want citizenship in their own country, and yes their movements are restricted, but we were talking about citizens in israel. that is something, it's not something good, but it's not apartheid and it's not near apartheid. it's a totally different thing. the palestinians don't want to be israeli, with full rights. they want israel gone. there is a difference.

g

@Green_eyes to be clear, which maybe i wasn't: i don't mean that the palestinians want israel gone from gaza and the west bank. i mean they want israel gone from the face of the earth.

g

@Morganfreeman I’ve been to Israel. I’ve seen the conditions these people are forced to live in. I guarantee you’ve never been there.

@genessa again, I’ll respectfully disagree with you. That’s not been my experience in conversation with Palestinians over the years.

@Green_eyes well of course not! and i am not doubting their sincerity, either! it was their grandparents or great-grandparents perhaps, certainly not the current generation, who declined israel's invitation to stay and be full citizens when israel became a nation. the other arab nations told them (the grandparents) that the jews were going to kill them all. they fled to jordan, which had been set aside for them, but the jordanians already there rejected them. instant homelessness. so whom to blame: the jews, who invited them to stay, or the jordanians, who rejected them? but as i say, the current generation had nothing to do with that. all they know is what is happening NOW, which isn't pretty, and what they've been told about the past, which is neither pretty nor true.

g

@Morganfreeman And you do.

I think their policy is everyone serves. Why do you want to murder Palestinians?

I just wan't to move somewhere. In my head I wan't to be secular person with Jerusalem-ism, part of a fantasy. For the murder part, I am, or was, frustrated and angry. And people were frustrated and angry at me, by their own reasoning and excuses. Then Mr.Trump appeared. I don't wan't to murder Palestinians. As I'm not Israeli I don't know how the citizens of that nation feel frustrated towards their captured Arab neighbors. I am a citizen of AS!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:256779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.