Agnostic.com

34 16

Be honest! Have you ever let someone just fall during church when they caught the Holy Ghost?

I’m guilty of this. As twisted as this is, I actually just let a woman fall back one time because she would do the same stupid thing every sermon and she would purposely get in front of someone because she was certain someone would catch her. Well...she was certainly wrong that time.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As soon as I was old enough to not have to go to church with my mother, I stopped this activity. Given your scenario, Yea. She would have hit the floor.

Lol I quit as soon as I turned 18.

Another thing that would freak me out is people talking in tongues

Trust me, it did. Thy said it was a language the devil couldn’t understand. Adults acting like children.

I happen to be fluent in gibberish! 😐

I speak drunkenese, stondenavian and bableonian, but I don't speak in tongues.

I grew up in a Southern Baptist Church, so the only falling people did was falling asleep.

Why be there to let her down in the first place? Did you let yourself down first?

I was 16 at the time so I was still a minor and had no choice as my mom was very church going.

@EmeraldJewel Oh well. You could have had a word with your Mum that you thought the lady would have been more than you could handle in a prefect catch and swapped places with your Mum.

@Treasurehunter lol yeah, you’re right.

Lol! Too funny.

The churches I went to weren't like that.

Lol lucky! Every time someone caught the Holy Ghost, my little brother would be in confusion and asking me what was going on and why was grown-ups acting like this? All I could say to him was,” Some adults just take their love for their invisible friend to the next level.”

@EmeraldJewel Lol.

I used to think about Ernest Angely's "catcher"
What a job ! Lol

Never experienced that but it sounds hilarious.

Lmfao it was. I was like 16 at the time.

@EmeraldJewel LOL! Did you get in trouble? How did you play it off?

@BlueWave I just said that I was off in a trance and I was seeing visions of Heaven, but I thought if she trusted the lord, he’d protect her.

Having never attended a church service, I've got no idea what this is all about. Why do people fall and need to be caught, and what does it have to do with the holy ghost?

Jnei Level 8 Feb 17, 2018

Lol I never understood it, either. I guess when the Holy Ghost come upon them. You get it? Come upon them? Lmfao!!!

@EmeraldJewel Reminds me of that old joke... What's white and shoots across the sky? The Coming of the Lord.

@VirginCotton Gosh. I don't think that sort of thing goes on in the average English village church!

@Jnei Trust me it's a specific sort of Church that does this. I was raised Roman Catholic and they don't do this. Also I have only met one Pentecostal practitioner in my life. At least I that's what that one called herself.

@RavenCT I believe there was a similar incident in the church down the lane from my house when Lady Fanshawe ate a slice of the fruitcake during the annual village fete, not realising that Mrs Tollemache-Smythe had accidentally substituted chili powder for cinnamon while baking it. It was the talk of the village - the most exciting thing to happen here since The Time The Cows Got Out.

@VirginCotton "Justified!" the TV series - that's where I've seen this. Eastern Kentucky brought the theme to the show right into my head.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.