Agnostic.com

21 3

Wearing a kilt

Any guys here wear a kilt?
If so, have you worn it regimental?
I wear one sometimes and will occasionally wear it regimental.

artgeek42 5 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You know why they call it a kilt, right?

Because they kilt the last person to call it a skirt.

My son wears a kilt and he like the breeze on the nether regions. My son wore a kilt on a night out on the town in the neighborhood with all the bars and people crowded on the sidewalks. He locked the keys in the car. No problem I have a set in a magnet box tucked away under the car. I consider is stupid to just hand a car thief the key so it is tucked far away it a place that is way under. One needs to slide at least up to the waist and then reach up with the left hand and feel around for a while as one cannot actually see this hidy hole. Did I mention kilts ride up when one lays on their back and lifts the knees like one is required to do to slide under a car.

think every man should have a kilt and a waistcoat at some point in his life

Not a guy, don't wear kilts but I'm a member of the kilt appreciation society.🙂

Seconded!

Scottish women wear kilted skirts or tartan skirts...same material, different cut. But we look fabulous 🙂

does regimental mean no knickers?

I have one I bought while in Scotland, but it doesn't fit any more. But when I did wear it, I'd go commando most of the time.

Do you know what tartan it was? I was married to a Colin Campbell at a time and we happened to be at the visitor centre in Glencoe when they told the story of how the Campbells crept in at dead of night and took hospitality then murrrrderred the house of McDonnell - (I was pretty uncomfortable).

@jacpod Although it's not my last name, my ancestors were from the McDonald clan, so that's what I have. And yes, I know the Campbell story. To this day the Campbells are unwelcome on that island. (Wherever that island is - I can't remember).

@Hominid yes I think they (campbells) are called 'crooked tongue' in gaelic

I have two black utility kilts, which I wear in 'bloke mode' in preference to trousers, whenever I can get away with it. No underwear, naturally.

Knees together if you're bending over, such as getting stuff from the bottom shelf in a supermarket. The chances of it flashing your behind are slim, but catching a glimpse of the lower hanging 'bits' if you have your legs apart is very much an option. Yes, I took a shedload of selfies (camera on timer) to see just what I can and can't get away with. It became clear that all was good, as long as I kept my knees together when bending over.

I'm a little self-conscious when sitting on other people's furniture. Bare buttocks on upholstery can happen sometimes, and means you have to be certain of being scrupulously clean. Of course this is why naturists/nudists sit on towels.

Oh, and getting into a car with leather seats on a hot day can be 'interesting'. I'm surprised there isn't a layer of scrotum skin fused to the driver's seat in mine. Cold seats can be almost, but not quite as bad.

I've had absolutely no hassle for wearing it. I did overhear a couple of young (I'd say about 10 years old) girls the other day, one saying to the other "That man's wearing a skirt", but adults don't even comment and don't seem to treat me any differently.

I don't, my son did when he was in Scotland last year.

Had a neighbor who would wear a kilt now and then, I'm afraid most of the 'hood thought he was a little bit daft. Adorably daft, but daft just the same. Personally I had no issue with it. I have to admit that a never-married, kilt-wearing, practicing Buddhist medical professional was an interesting combo.

It's hanging in the Closet right above my Bagpipes. Only one way to wear a Kilt. Ask any Scotsman. Have some great jokes and pics. but I don't know it they would be allowed.

LOL., In my other country there is a fairly large Scottish colony....and one of its members was a neighbor. He used to done a kilt and play the bagpipes in his backyard. There was where my siblings and I developed a liking for the bagpipes....also where we laughed a lot when the wind played a number on him.

ah-h, a fellow piper !

My grandfather was a member of the Canadian unit of the Black Watch during World War One. He wore the kilt then. He was an American who did not want to wait for Woodrow Wilson to act in order to help England and France fight off the Germans.

I played in a pipe band for a few years. From my viewpoint, a well fitting kilt, dressy, or not, looks so fine !!! Love them !

Only once for a wedding.

I do wear a kilt, but I cannot wear it regimental

Yes and yes

Aah the kilt, more room to hide more knives. The Scots got that one right.

Tis the only way

I’m not a fan. I question the motives of those wearing them. But whatever, do what you do.

I tend to think they are worn as an attention seeking method. Idk, maybe not, but that’s my suspicion. @okiestache

Maybe. @okiestache

Yes (Clan Lindsay), but no, I've never worn it regimental.

I have kilts specifically designed for hiking, made of lightweight quick drying material. I find it is easier to move in a kilt than when wearing shorts.

Also being a naturist, I like to hike nude when I can, and the kilts fasten via Velcro, so if I hear a family with kids coming the other way, it is easy to cover up while passing them. It should go without saying that when wearing a kilt I go "regimental" (commando in the U.S.) for greater freedom of movement.

Only wear kilts when hiking.

Prince Charles of Wales wears a kilt sometimes, actually see him in his kilt many times, but I do not know if it is regimental. I heard that is a sensitive spot guys.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25795
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.