Agnostic.com

11 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What’s wrong with HYSTERECTOMIES?

Ungod Level 6 Jan 4, 2019

Major surgery, frequently an inpatient procedure with anesthesia and associated risks, not to mention at least 6 weeks of recovery.

@HippieChick58 - I’m ok with that... That way YOU are protected instead of asking the man to protect you!

@Ungod Real sweet of you.

@Byrdsfan Not my first rodeo 🙂 However, most of the comments from guys were glad they had it done, so I was very pleased with that.

@HippieChick58 If you don’t want kids, YOU get yourself fixed! That’s taking responsibility...

@Ungod If you are spilling your seed, make sure you don't spill on fertile ground. If you do you will have to deal with repercussions. Personally, I controlled my fertility and got pregnant only when I wanted to. Sadly many women are not so careful. So if you don't want progeny control your seed.

@HippieChick58 also a lifetime of drugs ti take after that surgery. Vasectomies carry no such Risk or aftereffects. Men just expect women to.take care of everything and can't be assed to be responsible for any part of living or relationships.

From the article:
"The following day, I was feeling so back to normal that I disregarded my instructions to refrain from intercourse for a few days and had sex just 36 hours post-procedure."

This guy likes to live on the edge. There's a reason why there's a waiting period. There are still sperm in your semen (risking pregnancy, probably the reason you got the procedure) and you can reopen the wound (risking infection).

I had a vasectomy years ago after my son was born and I didn't want to father any more children. Obviously it is not suitable for younger men yet to have children but should be promoted more by the NHS. I watched a news item recently about a couple who are just about to have their 21st child. and all I could think was "how bloody selfish".

Dumb American men?!

Nothing wrong at all. I had mine performed at age 35.

I hear they’re likely to make you unable to produce offspring.

skado Level 9 Jan 4, 2019

I got one, want to try it out?

Seriously one of the best decisions I've ever made. Highly recommend. 10/10

Well ..... this is the same question that I have been asking all along. Still waiting that answer. ?

They are just selfish.

Carin Level 8 Jan 4, 2019

@OwlInASack pffft. I had it done as soon as my Doctors would let me( after 35 and two kids). Would have had it done at 20 if I could. Doctors won't let you unless you already have 3 kids or are past 35. Pisses me right off tbh. I knew as a teen I wouldn't be a good parent and while I try I am not remotely an ideal mother.

Abstinence is cheaper, easier, and a hell of a lot less popular.

JimG Level 8 Jan 4, 2019

But way less fun. Aaaaaand unrealistic to ask of an adult IMO

Cheaper, maybe, but easier? I think many people would disagree with you.

Free on the NHS and quick and easy.

@Remi I'm not recommending it; just pointing out that abstinence is cheaper and easier (theoretically), and it's by far the most unpopular and unrealistic method.

@JimG That does not AT ALL address the problem - sex without reproduction.

Without sex, that’s not an issue...

@Ungod
Although my response wasn't intended as a suggestion to anyone, the question the OP asked was "What's wrong with vasectomies?" The article goes on to point out that they are a cheap and easy, not to mention effective form of birth control.

To that I was just pointing out that there is a cheaper and easier way, and it only resulted in pregnancy once 😀.

@JimG Abstinence does not result in pregnancy...

@Ungod I was making a joke in reference to Jesus' mythical birth

@JimG That wasn’t even abstinence in the buy-bull.version!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:258242
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.